Found my Animal watch!

Just got my W002 back from Animal - they are good down there.
Had quite a chat with Alex their head watch guy - nice dude.

main.php

And this is the more modern 031 Ti Series

main.php

Enjoying this thread as I buy, sell and collect vintage watches. In my experience Animal give a far better after sales service than TAG HEUER or OMEGA, which is quite remarkable for such an inexpensive brand. Other watch collectors find it odd that I have a few Animal watches in with my more 'prestige' vintage watches, but I reply that I collect what I find interesting rather than just collect the obvious more expensive well known brands. :D

I have always wanted an oranged faced mint W001 and thanks to this thread, I just searched on Ebay for one...........and would you believe someone had just put one on this morning with a starting bid of £5 and with nearly 10 days to go. I emailed him with an offer of only £25 and he accepted! It looks 100%, even has the original W001 strap which looks mint also! RESULT. :D :D :D

If will post a pic as soon as it arrives.

Mine were both birthday presents, white one 21st and the blue one I don't remember.
280120062758.jpg

How do you find the model numbers?.

Mint Animal W001 'orange faced' watch arrived today!

Thanks 'Rob Atkin' for starting this Animal Watch thread. Because of reading this, I searched Ebay for a mint oranged faced W001 to add to my collection and not only found this rare model, but managed to buy it from the seller for a measly £25! It arrived today and its in such good condition, I feel that I have robbed the seller! :oops: Its in almost brand new condition, with no scratches, original mint strap and it even still has the clear caseback factory protection sticker still in place. :shock:

This may come as a surprise, but serious vintage watch collectors like myself find nice early 'cheap' brands as cool and as collectable as the exclusive 'big' brands. In many cases the cheaper less well known brands are usually abused and trashed and are therefore sometimes harder to find in minty condition. A 'cool' admired watch to a collector does not alway mean an expensive branded watch. :shock: To prove my point in question, the following picture shows my four cheapest Animal W001 watches in my collection along side my most valuable mint vintage 1972 'James Bond' Rolex 5513 Submariner. If I saw someone wearing an early W001 Animal, I would admire it as much as an early Rolex. They are both cool examples of early watches irrespective of price. For some reason, non-collectors only see mega-expensive, huge faced, multi-dialed new watches as desirable. :?

Attachments

• Case back and orig. strap.jpg
    Case back and orig. strap.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 3,874
  • Animal W001 Orange face with orig. strap.jpg
    Animal W001 Orange face with orig. strap.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 3,875
  • my collection of Animal W001 watches.jpg
    my collection of Animal W001 watches.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 3,876
Oddly enough I lost the watch again for a few weeks! :roll:

Anyway, just got it back from Animal after a service. Still got the wear on it which I like. New strap to match the face and back on it goes.

It's really the only sort of watch I will wear - I don't like conventional watches and I don't like the newer Animal ones either. I might try to get another one.

477b7a40.jpg

Still got mine took. Although hour hand has had a bit of a disintegration moment

Attachments

• IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,876
Back