Dawes Super Galaxy Tandem - pics now up

jango

Senior Retro Guru
Bought as a winter project but unfortunately a quick test ride proved that it is too small for both of us.....no good it sitting around here unloved so it needs a new home.

This bike has been well loved/used in it's time....looks like it's been to Mars and back and has the patina to match :cool: but it's good and solid and just needs a little love.

Mostly original components,

Shimano cantis controlled from the rh Weinmann lever with the legendary Arai drag brake controlled from the left. The Arai looks like it's had a recent new backplate and shoes.

Suntour friction shifters control a Cyclone front mech and a Altus rear.......I like to think it was all that was available in some far flung part of the world....but it works fine!

Cranks are sakae SA with a nice spread of gears, 7sp on the rear.

Wheels are 40h Suzue sealed bearing hubs laced to Mavic MA4 rear rim with Conti Top Touring rear tyre....the front appears to have been rebuilt while on an adventure somewhere remote with now rusting spokes and an unknown rim wrapped with a Swalbe Marathon tyre but it's straight and solid.

Bars are the original Dawes items as are the stems.

Saddles are a Ti railed Specialized item o the front and some god awful sofa at the rear!

I have the original quill pedals with straps which I'll include.

sizes front/rear are c-t 22"/20" and length is c-c 23"/24"

Looking for around £300 buyer to collect or if I'm heading your way I'll drop it off.

Attachments

• galaxy1.jpg
    galaxy1.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 4,521
  • galaxy2.jpg
    galaxy2.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 4,520
  • galaxy4.jpg
    galaxy4.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 4,521
more pics

Attachments