1987 Saracen Tufftrax

How did I miss this :shock:

This is a cracker you have Paul its excellent I love it :LOL: yes it's big but these were how MTB's were sold then.

A good mayhem steed I reckon, saddle down and bars up , we would never loose sight of it on a lap.

Great stuff!

I have one of these next in line for 'putting together', mine's orange(faded red) though.

The guy who owned before me has filed away at the drop-outs in order to 'straighten up' the back wheel, the axle having been bent. I'll have to get someone to fill it with braze, so to speak.

Matt.

I suppose an update on this is in order, since it has been bumped back onto page one.
I have now got an almost complete Exage Mountain groupset for this bike, a slight upgrade I know, but period correct nontheless.
Still need to find a suitable crankset though. The originals would've been Sakae Ovaltechs.

I hope to find a little time to put it back together some time soon.

Nice!! Would love to see it finished.

Heres mine in 1987........

Attachments

• TT 1987 smaller.jpg
    TT 1987 smaller.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 3,744
Just spotted this thread.

I'd always assumed my Tufftrax was an '88 but it may be an '87 as '88's seem to have been red.

Since photo was taken I've removed the prop stand as it never fitted properly and I kept clipping it with the left pedal.

Attachments

• Frame compressed.jpg
    Frame compressed.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 518

Latest posts

Back