Hacked off and ridden....

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
..so a bit fed up with being redundant still, decided to build a bike up, purely out of bits from the parts bin, and NOT buying a single additional component for it.

So here she is, a Marin Team in steel.

Frame: Marin Team, resprayed in flip blue/purple
Fork: Pace RC36 Evo3
Headset: Diacompe
Stem: ICON
Bars: Ritchey Prolite
Grips: Club Roost
Shifters: XT Tumbies
Brake levers: Deore for V's
Brakes: Deore V - Rear only
Seatpost: ProLite carbon
Saddle: Gipiemme
Cranks: ACOR Titanium
Wheels: Mavic CrossRide
Tyres: Tioga
Fr Mech: LX
Rr Mech: XT (M735)

I've built it purely as a hack bike, to ride like an idiot, and not worry about running it into the ground.

1 brake only, kinda limits it to mainly flat singletrack, but if I can find a V-brake solution to the front-end, I'll go with that.

Pics...

Marin_omg001.jpg

Marin_omg007.jpg

Marin_omg002.jpg

Marin_omg003.jpg

Marin_omg004.jpg

Marin_omg005.jpg

Marin_omg006.jpg

:cool:

Bad news on the work situation Steve :(

Cool looking parts bin bike :) Is the Marin in it's stock colour? And what's the story with the cables?!?

Cheers John,

From memory, it's been resprayed (argos, I think) so not factory, and the decals are sat on top of the lacquer.. ;)

erm.... :oops: ....yeah the cables... :oops: I got all excited about snapping some pics of it, I'll get round to cabling it up properly tomorrow... as I noticed the under-BB cable routing isn't there.. :oops:

- @ Edd, there's not much of the parts-bin left. Would love to get hold of some V-mounts up front, so I might have to break the rule I set myself of not buying anything additional, to build this bike.. :D

- @ T - Cheers :LOL:

Steve if you are short for any other bits, let me know and i will have a route around in my spares box for you. :cool:

Cheers fella. :cool:

I think it's only the caliper mounts for the forks I need to complete, everything else is sorted.

I fixed the gears to make it a singlespeed earlier, and took it for a quick spin round the block, and it's surprisingly nimble for a big old heavy steel barge... :LOL: :cool:

Really nice, and good to see some Marin love on here, criminally overlooked in the main

If that's a hack, i shudder to think of one of your 'garage queens' or 'riders' :O

nice build, satisfying, huh. :)

jonnymcenroe":1zh0isvo said:
If that's a hack, i shudder to think of one of your 'garage queens' or 'riders' :O

nice build, satisfying, huh. :)

Cheers fella,

I've given up all my garage queens, kinda had a reality check and asked the question of myself "what's the point?" so I have this, and a few AluO's, and then there's my main rider, which can be seen here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=181517

coomber":1zh0isvo said:
Really nice, and good to see some Marin love on here, criminally overlooked in the main

Many thanks, it wouldn't have been my first choice, but I happened upon this almost by accident as I wanted another part (that was attached to it) for something else.

Back