any decent places to ride in and around glenburn / barrhead?

jax13

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
as a fetal expat from the motherland, I have never really had opportunity to get out on the bike with any great purpose in recent years when i've been back home.

as a youth, if we did take the bikes with us when we went to see the family, excursions were normally limited to a ride around the cumbrae & lunch by bbq in fintry bay.

the majority of the family are based in & around paisley, namely glenburn & barrhead with one branch out in fairlie. If I had opportunity to take the bike up with me on flying visits to the grandparents, is there anything worth riding nearby to any of the 3 locations? Ideally, i can leave the missus & the nipper to go and wander around a garden centre or two or visit friends while I get out & ride some decent trails without having to drive to them from where we would be staying.

with that said, are there any good routes in the gleniffer braes worth riding up to or alternatively, anything overlooking largs / fairlie or ardrossan??

cheers chaps.

In Glenburn you're right on the edge of the Gleniffer Braes. Loads of trails up there. All natural stuff. I can spend a good few hours up there and I've only scratched the surface. It's very muddy just now though.

And up the road from Barrhead is the Neilston Pad , never been but heard it's good.

If you're coming up let us know. There's me , JimiHendrix and Baron VTB all nearby.

Sounds good, one of my grandparents actually lives right at the foot of the braes, close enough to spit on them!! I'm actually up next week but only for a couple of days with no opportunity to ride but i will drag the youth up there in the buggy to see what i can see.

Baron von Trumpen Bottom":2sidk1gf said:
Doggers probably

Tut tut , you dis one of the local natural beauty spots! But now we know why you live so close , easy access for night time activities.

Baron von Trumpen Bottom":2cv1nhot said:
Car park up by the golf course apparently not that I've partaken in it knowing my luck I'd end up with a ugly look a like of Bella emberg from fegie park

which golf course? (so i know to avoid it at dusk!) fereneze?

Baron von Trumpen Bottom":2bhqpjvx said:
Not sure but might be the one were you take a sharp left going over the braes just before you come to the car park in the sky.

on the lapwing lodge road? near the old burned out hotel type thing (did that ever get finished? i've not been over that road for years!)

Latest posts

Back