WTD: Cro-Mo BMX for big lad!

cjr61

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,
I must confess i'm a MTBer at heart but want to improve my bike skills and have some fun on a BMX. Looking for a fairly cheap <£100 Cro-mo BMX with ideally 3 piece cranks and 21/22" top tube as i'm 6ft3 and 100kg.

Any suggestions would be great

Muchos gracias

chrisj.ross ((at)) btinternet.com

hi there, what style are you after

old school >89 - might feel funny as geometry was design for small kids, but loads of big riders are fine with them

mid school >00 - some built like tanks and weight the same - harder ridden - haro look sweet

old new school >06 - mass production - choose from known company - mongoose and GT

new school >12 - loads out there but prices are high even for a standard one - what out for cheap copy style stuff - it will brake and hurt

there are loads of good bikes out there and for >£100 you will get some thing good - but it depends on what you are looking in to getting - weather it's clean or you need to do some work to it

do you homework on what you need / like / and will be best for you

put any links up on here that you spot and we will see if good or not - don't forget that loads of people look on here and if you have just flagged a bmx that they also like, they might get it instead - you might not get the one you see, as some slip passed

ask any questions you need - you say your bigger, i have seen some big guys float like a butterfly and sting like a bee - it will feel small and different but it will help your MTB riding - it might even make you change to a real bike and leave the easy mtb at home ;) :LOL:

hope this helps a bit - cheers B ;)

Hi B,

Thanks for the advice buddy. Completely new to BMX so not quite sure what i like. Aesthetically i like a simple single colour or chrome frame, and intend on using it primarily for street or easy bike park riding. I've broken leg and dislocated ankle from the EASY MTB so not sure i want to go crazy!

Jamis 04 is offering a great deal on an old GT he's got. I like the look but wondering what it is and when it's from? Any chance someone could help me identify it?

the search has just begun!......

Back