Mongoose CALIFORNIAN - Now in the FOR SALE forum :o)

xizang

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
POSTED IN THE FOR SALE FORUM:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23925

Just wondering how much these things go for before I put it up for sale. I took this pic off BMXmuseum while I was looking for info. My bmx is complete, unlike this one, but would need a new bottom bracket and some stickers. I hope someone will be able to help. When I dig it out of the garage I'll post some pics.

Attachments

• mongoose supergoose.jpg
    mongoose supergoose.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,467
Supergoose Possibly for sale but where do I post it????

I'll get pix of my Supergoose up later.
It is a definate fixer-upper, mainly a lot of polishing, some new decals(I've seen them for sale in the U.S.) and a bottom bracket.

Back to the point, do I put it up for sale here as it's a bmx or in the For Sale forum (think I may have just answered my own question :roll: ).

I just don't have the time to do it, so it'll be better off going to someone who'll be able to do it and give it the affection it deserves :oops:

Are there any British Retro BMX sites out there. I've seen some U.S. ones but when a guy asked me to find out the cost to ship it to him, it was £137 postage through Parcelforce, their bargain-no-frills-takes-4-weeks postal service was £107. DHL was about £120. So that's why I'd want a British site.

I've shipped stuff the the Us via parcel2go quite cheaply. Sent a mtb frame for around 30 quid.

Best put for sale in the for sale forum. However since the bmx forum is pretty slow we won't be deleting your thread just yet ;)

There's a big raleigh burner forum out there somewhere...

It looks like it's pretty clean and nearly all there, obviously no rear wheel - is it missing?

The Bars don't look original either, they look like CW type bars.

How much do you want for it?? Would you be interested in mtb trades?

John":25iu2wop said:
Best put for sale in the for sale forum. However since the bmx forum is pretty slow we won't be deleting your thread just yet ;)
:oops: I wasn't quite sure where to post it as nearly everything in the For Sale forum is mtb gear with roadie kit making a rare appearance.
It seemed that this was the only place to ask, until I get pics done of it and throw on a price tag. Thanks for not deleting it, yet :)

FOR RETROGEEZER:
That isn't my bike, it's a pic I pulled off an American site, I'm sure I said that before, while I was looking to find out what the BMX I had was for sure. The Supergoose stickers are missing so I needed to check. The wheels and 'metal box' on the chainstays gave it away.

Here goes, be under no illusions, it is a fixer upper. The white 'paint looking stuff' on the frame is triple wax were I started to clean up the chrome.

Attachments

• ddddd.JPG
    ddddd.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 2,418
  • ccccc.JPG
    ccccc.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,418
  • 2222bbbbb.jpg
    2222bbbbb.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 2,418
  • 111aaaa.jpg
    111aaaa.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 2,418
More pix :twisted:

Attachments

• eeeeee.JPG
    eeeeee.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 2,417
  • iiiiiiii.JPG
    iiiiiiii.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,417
  • hhhhhh.JPG
    hhhhhh.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,417
  • jjjjjjjj.JPG
    jjjjjjjj.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 2,417
yet more :twisted:

Attachments

• kkkkkk.JPG
    kkkkkk.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,416
  • llllllll.JPG
    llllllll.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,416
  • gggggg.JPG
    gggggg.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,414
That isn't my bike, it's a pic I pulled off an American site

:LOL: I just went straight to the photo!!!

Anyway, your bike is NOT a Supergoose, it's a Californian (sticker on the seat tube says this) and I can tell by the way the chainstays meet the seat tube in a different place to the top tube. The top tube and downtube are also a thinner tubing.

Californians are a lot more common than Supergoose's as they were only about £130-£150 new whereas the supergoose was £299.

Let me know what you are doing with it, I may be interested if you want to trade it.

Back