The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are RC200 F8s going for nowadays? Decent nick, a couple of scuffs on the seatstays and some cable rub on head and top tubes so a bit of ano is missing. Seatpost clamp is original as are dropouts but canti bosses are missing.

Pics elsewhere so won't repost.

Coomber:

Thanks for the help. I put those forks because the original suspension fork were bad. This was the only fork with a proper a/c length. The 80mm forks I find now are way too costly for this old bike.

I have a pair of discoloured slightly perished front and rear amberwall wildgrippers, there like new apart from that still have hairs. Are they worth anything? Or should I just ride em till they pop.

Zas-Kar":3eym3j5z said:
Coomber:

Thanks for the help. I put those forks because the original suspension fork were bad. This was the only fork with a proper a/c length. The 80mm forks I find now are way too costly for this old bike.

I can see why. They look in proportion, just some wont like them, and you would probably be better off selling them and buying cheaper older forks to suit.

Anyway, off tangent. Good luck with the sale.

Crossmax

Ok then guys, how about a minty set of early (1997) Mavic Crossmax..? First generation I think...

By minty, I mean perfect bearings, perfect freehub, 9/10 rims, 9/10 braking surface..

I can't get a picture of them at the moment because the bike they're attached to is currently in the back of a van on its way to me! However they're definitely '97s, and are just like the one on the right in the picture below (taken from the 1997 Mavic Catalogue):

main.php

bikesnoopy":1lj0w04v said:
RST Hi 5's in virtually unmarked original condition.
Does £50 sound too much?

Hmm.. i'd probably say that's the max you'd get. Not great forks and you can usually pick up JR Ts for £60-80. I'd say more like £40?

Sorry Barney no real idea but I'd guess around a ton for the crossmax.

Ok, time to consult the collective retro brain on hope c2 brakes as my knowledge/memory stops at V brake era!

Have a pair of c2 calipers - no5 front, no3 rear with sport levers.

No sign of spongyness on bike, only issue seemed to be to be the adjusted screw on one lever going round, quick inspection and it seems to have heard off inside - found the part online http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/pages/default.aspx but not played much with discs and have nothing I want to put them on.

Any ideas what i'd get if i sold em?

Tuff92":2hjv10s4 said:
Ok, time to consult the collective retro brain on hope c2 brakes as my knowledge/memory stops at V brake era!

Have a pair of c2 calipers - no5 front, no3 rear with sport levers.

No sign of spongyness on bike, only issue seemed to be to be the adjusted screw on one lever going round, quick inspection and it seems to have heard off inside - found the part online http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/pages/default.aspx but not played much with discs and have nothing I want to put them on.

Any ideas what i'd get if i sold em?

if there in good cosmetic working order i'd price them between £45 to £65 and if the disc's are included then add another £15 on top of each ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back