Funk me- updated

how much did ya get stung for the build buddy or did ya lace them yourself :?: :cool: i wish i could lay my hands on a funk just need a btter paid job and get rid of the thers and i could probly do it :cry:

Wheels have gone up to old Jimmy at the LBS. He knows a thing or two about building wheels he does. He was showing me how brittle DT Swiss double butted spokes are :shock: He uses a Austrian made spoke (cannot remember make) he recons they are much more durable and they were lighter too! Should be ready for collection 2mrw. His pair of Merlin road bikes were in the back of the shop- stunning.

Guys I need a front Skewer desperado, Ringle with holes in silver- please help or I'll jump!

Funk me its nearly there...

Hi Guys, popped over today to see Dr S , as he had been talking to me regarding getting his bike finished and would I pop over and take some photos for him of it when it was done, so there I was this morning wandering towards his temple ! The good doctor swung the doors open and there she was all nice and gleaming ! lin the early morning sunlight...like a ferrari you hear about but never really realize how beautiful they are, until your next to one.... on the other hand it almost had some sort of mythical presence !! :roll: aggressive , like a Lion almost!! ... ..

It was stunning , really stunning, The Good Dr has made such a good job on this bike its like walking back into a good bike shop years ago when you picked the frame and chose the best no nonsense kit , To blend and compliment every angle of the frame and create interest and additional beauty... too add to this already brilliant bit of craftsmanship ... That is the FUNK..........

Well done Dr S , you have made a brilliant job .... keep it up fella.. ;)

P.S.. I thought rather than let you see it all today, I show you a teaser :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Attachments

• funkman2.JPG
    funkman2.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,494
  • Funman4.JPG
    Funman4.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,494
  • funman0.JPG
    funman0.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 1,494
  • THEDRS.JPG
    THEDRS.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,494
Feckin hell- my rear dropout's all bent!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks for the pics dude, makes my efforts with my old box brownie look a little pathetic :oops:

Dr S":3b0rxx5a said:
neilll":3b0rxx5a said:
jez-2-many-bikes":3b0rxx5a said:
I think I may have to sell my Funk frame... :(

:shock: :shock: :shock: Why mate?

Somethings going on in Jez world- frames for sale, recently bought stash going out the door. All strange. Something special must be afoot.

I'm sure all will be revealed in due course.

Crell wants a Funk I believe??

Thankyou Dr S!

I don't know, you go away skiing for a couple of weeks and the FUNKs get finished & sold!

Jez, talk to me :)

Dr S - very nice. Have you polished the frame? That looks excellent...certainly better than it did when it was on ebay. Those decals look far better!

Well guys here she is :D . Finished and just about ready for its first run out.

0funk2.jpg

0funk3-1.jpg

Final Spec
Frame- Funk Pro Comp 1992
Fork- Manitou 4 custom polished finish
Headset- Chris King No threadset
Stem- Manitou
Bar- Syncros Hardcore NOS
Post- Syncros
Clamp- Funk, with Ti Bolt
Saddle- Selle Italia Flite Titanium NOS
Mechs- XTR M900
Shifters/levers- XTR M900 STi
Brakes- Avid Tri Align with silver Kool stops, Tri Dangles- NOT PICTURED
Cranks- Syncros Forged-NOT PICTURED
Rings- Middleburn Hardcoat 24-34-46
BB- MRC/ McMAHON GUN Titanium NOS
Pedals- XT M733 NOS
Wheels- Mavic 217 SUP Sunsets on M900 XTR hubs, alpine DB spokes (all NOS)- NOT PICTURED
Cassette- XTR M900 Titanium
Tyres- Ritchey Megabite Kevlar 2.1 NOS
Misc- Ringle cage and skewers (front still needed!) Titanium bolt set, Yeti grips, XTR cables.

Would like to thank in no particular order...
Flyingwelshman for the NOS tyres
Cannondale King for NOS rims and larks
Jez for the mintyest rear mech ever
LTS biker for a mint front mech
Billinajah for the stem
Neilll for help, advice, pics, general good egg
Sithlord for smashing pics and help slapping it together
and everyone else I may have forgot. Thanks for all the kind words, help, encouragement, piss taking (pink!! :roll: )

And finally big thanks to Retrobike for the inspiration and empty bank account :?
Glad its bloody finished :roll: Now for something completely different!

Shiny! reminds me of a Velvet Underground song, people are going to report you as an aviation hazard :D Beautiful build, very.......................pure.

Needs riding fella :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Very Nice dude... very very nice................. gimme that rear mech.... pleeeeasee

Back