Voodoo in Halfrauds?

I really don't see people's problem with Halfords... Really.

People turning their noses up at Voodoos, Konas, Boardmans and Carreras just because they're a "Halfrauds Special", or Halfords isn't a cool place to buy them from. Makes me laugh. I wonder what would have happened if they'd stocked Fat Chance or Klein back in the day? Would we see people branding them as 'Halfrauds Specials' now?

I bought a Boardman Team Ltd from Halfords a couple of years ago on the cycle to work scheme and it was a bl*ody brilliant bike. I had the mechanic assemble it for me because I was walking up to collect it (the store was about a mile and a half away from where I lived) and there was no way I was going to walk home with it in a box!

Contrary to popular belief, he did a great job of putting it together (the forks were on the right way round and everything ;) )and I didn't have a single problem with it apart from the ones which I caused myself!

But it's just a plain fact that the point made by the OP was valid.

It's natural that Halfords, as the main seller of budget bikes in the UK, should want to enhance its image by selling some prestigious brands. In the case of VooDoo however, it seems that the down-market image that Halfords has never shaken off (despite decades of trying) made it impossible for them to be an effective seller of VooDoo bikes or frames. So now, rather than use VooDoo to enhance the position of Halfords, they have decided to go in the opposite direction and reduce the prestige of VooDoo by dragging the brand down to the Halfords level.

Presumably, though, a case of 'desperate seeks similar'.

Between here and the boys place there are 3 big Halfords stores and none have sold Konas for years now...
Not even sure if they can give you a brochure still, they used to give them out.

Although these days that would be seen as a waste of trees for the paper :LOL:

Back