2012 thumb shifters

hamster":3011clk0 said:
Very pretty. I never understand why everyone nowadays tilts their thumbies down when their thumbs are at the back of their hands... :?

My thumbies are tilted upwards to bring them closer to the thumb - which is always how they were mounted BITD.

But i don't always use my thumb to change gear. Plus my thumb rests on top of my bar. I always mounted my levers & shifters like this BITD. Tried other positions but always ended up like this.

hamster":p2dw34do said:
Don't you find that big drops can sweep your hands off the bar without your thumb to lock them on? :shock:

Easy to move my thumb round

I'm the same only put the thumb round for downhill stuff or technical climbing. I normally shift down(or is it up :) ) with my knuckle too so position them as much for that. TT has them further round than I would but it really is a personal thing.

By the way if any want to buy the Pauls thumbies then don't do as i did and buy direct from them as it cost me $113 & £22 customs. From Tokyo fixed £27

tintin40":hn9yecq7 said:
By the way if any want to buy the Pauls thumbies then don't do as i did and buy direct from them as it cost me $113 & £22 customs. From Tokyo fixed £27

That's the road thumbie though, I can't see the mtb version on their website.

LeeDevelopment":2devtsu7 said:
tintin40":2devtsu7 said:

That's the road thumbie though, I can't see the mtb version on their website.

Didn't know they did a roadie version :oops: Sorry. I bet they will get them for you and will be same price?

The Ken":2pq4dvho said:
for a difference of £70 I would happily take the road version and shim it down to 22.2

I bet mikee could make you a pair

Back