My first Kona with a name i can't pronounce

FluffyChicken":2upyeyz6 said:
I would leave the Nexus hub in and not worry about it.
What do the drop out sit at naturally. It may well have been adjusted for it or just been happily running that hub on there for some time not worrying about itself.
Find a neater way to do the cabling or at least some colour coded tie wraps

apparently its been on there for years and years so i'm not sure that its causing any problems the hub was recently serviced so the bike shop would have said something about the frame being too small for it (wouldn't they ?)

whats 10mm between friends ??

johnnypie13":3f76o1h2 said:
... and im now considering single speed but where do i find a 120mm hub ??

Try a bmx shop. Here's a piccy of my Humu... - one of the bikes I ride the most! :cool:

Attachments

• small humu 1.jpg
    small humu 1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 842
120 is standard track bike width, so plenty of options. It's clearly been happy with the Nexus, though, so you could leave that in and tidy the cable routing as suggested.

tiboltrider":wtjy3yeq said:
johnnypie13":wtjy3yeq said:
... and im now considering single speed but where do i find a 120mm hub ??

Try a bmx shop. Here's a piccy of my Humu... - one of the bikes I ride the most! :cool:

loving your Humu looks nice mate

I'm more and more thinking the Nexus has been on there so long that it really deserves just to be left on there really if it was going to cause issues they would have arisen already

MikeD":d8c79shf said:
120 is standard track bike width, so plenty of options. It's clearly been happy with the Nexus, though, so you could leave that in and tidy the cable routing as suggested.

Yeah i think the Nexus will stay where it is love the 7 speed and the pedal back brake so why fix something that's not broken so to speak if i'm bored one day i might grind a few mm off the spacers on the hub that will reduce the 130mm to about 125mm and whats 5mm between friends

Nice Humuhumu. This is a frame from the top of my wishlist too. I'd like to have one only because of it's name... :D

Congrats to you and I'll follow this thread excitedly. :)

Preciosa":uam2a81d said:
Nice Humuhumu. This is a frame from the top of my wishlist too. I'd like to have one only because of it's name... :D

Congrats to you and I'll follow this thread excitedly. :)

Its lovely had to have it as soon as i seen it

but financially it has crippled me bread and water for the rest of the month for me

Awesome, still want one myself.

Winds me up that the current Humu cruiser is known as the HumuHumu... Isnt that like, half a fish? Makes no sense. Maybe Kona are cutting back on their graphics budget.

Latest posts

Back