Macretro fat camp

18 miles tonight, easy going with a good hill to end. Used mapmyride for the first time really nice, much better than the standard Google tracks.

Busy week at work after holiday. Managed one ride on Sunday, but not feeling it. Off out for a ride now, hopefully better today.

This weeks weigh in

Clubby 90.6

Kept it steady. Lots of exercise unfortunately lots of buns too. Feeling fit though. I also used a fandango set of scales at work yesterday, BMI is still over the normal range but my body fat is in the normal(just) range. Must be extra muscle, brains or boaby :p

Better ride today. Couple of hours hilly road ride and saw some mental things.
The best was a guy riding his bike with a dog in his rucksack. I was only on holiday for a week, when did the world go bonkers?

kaiser":jart29mi said:
14Mar
90.6kg Clubby
86.7kg Zigzag
84.2Kg Kaiser
85.3kg gazz

Flu for the whole week so done nowt and feel as strong as a teeny weeny kitten (that has a wasting condition) :(

16st 1lb today, not bad seeing as i have had a week off the bike and hit the pub 2 days at weekend.

started today with a 2 mile walk then a 16 mile bike ride.

not after losing weight now, its time for muscle and fitness.....not rushing though.

clockworkgazz":1kqcp8tp said:
You forgot to post your weight HF ;)

Around fifteen and a half of those traditional units, and 6' 2".

We don't have any measuring gear in the house, but that was last time I was on my sister in law's set.

Usually run fourteen to fourteen and a half summer and fifteen to fifteen and a half winter.

Had more back and knee issues the last year or so so taking it east until those settle down, no climbing!

For those looking to gain all round fitness please take up kayaking.

Cycling, swimming, kayaking and any martial art will sort you out.

I was told at age 12/13 I had to consider a non physical lifestyle, having been a massively keen rugby, hockey and football player.

Got into my kayaking and took lots of time with my karate instructor on stretching and posture, and thirty years later I have only had a couple of major episodes where I wound up on morphine.

Cycling was what saved me after I got attacked and my back was put out. I was able to cycle before I could walk, which took about a year.

Watching the Strathpuffer I was totally glad I pulled out of it for this year. The fitness was no problem, I just wanted to take part, but hammering my back was not an option.

I don't have any aims for losing weight, but I appreciate some here are struggling and I do feel for you all. Really think if you don't have a gym mentality, you would do well to diversify your pursuits beyond cycling. Then think about changing your whole families diet.

Cut down on drinking.

Geez. What is left after all that?

Good news is you can safely increase the amount of sex you have. As long as you don't use full fat cream.

:)

Back