Bad parking....

feetabix":16gadac9 said:
remember there are always two sides to a coin......a few weeks ago i found the one remaining car park space in a car park had two awkwardly parked cars, one each side.......i parked between them allowing equal space to both.....they both left before me leaving my car looking like the cause, as opposed to the symptom....someone had put a snotty note on my windscreen too!..... :eek:

Yes that's happened to me before too.

My last company car has just gone back after 3 years, and the only marks on it are from other car doors, done in car parks - really pees me off!

highlandsflyer":18zxskjt said:
I fear to look too far into that site, I may well be in there somewhere!

There is a problem with the way car parks are set out, that results in having to unload your car, then park it.

I just don't care about parking. I used to be very precise, but I am always late for something, so I just throw it in and let the bull bars and tow bar take care of business.

My car has those annoying sensors, they go beep constantly even when you are a foot away, no use at all!
There's a name for people like you; you might be able to guess what it is...
:LOL:

Typical twat behaviour.No doubt he hasnt worked out that just because its parked over the line doesnt mean it was totally deliberate.It may be thats how he was forced to park because someone else took too much space and it continued on down the line.
These are the type of road rage drivers that cause most of the accidents involving cyclists
you should be mailing him to point out what a prick he is being.

In a nice way of course :D

suburbanreuben":3gocj28t said:
highlandsflyer":3gocj28t said:
I fear to look too far into that site, I may well be in there somewhere!

There is a problem with the way car parks are set out, that results in having to unload your car, then park it.

I just don't care about parking. I used to be very precise, but I am always late for something, so I just throw it in and let the bull bars and tow bar take care of business.

My car has those annoying sensors, they go beep constantly even when you are a foot away, no use at all!
There's a name for people like you; you might be able to guess what it is...
:LOL:

Yes. Manly. No guesswork involved.

The parking outside in London is madness, we have no official off road parking, but no set bays. Anyone can park in the street in the evenings and there are always trades parking in the day, using up huge space with piles of this and that, and skips. Invariably once a few people have moved early on you end up being blocked in. Not that I generally drive in London.

The thing that pees my wife off more than anything is the people who drive off in the day and put cones in the vacant bay, like it belonged to them! This tends to be done by new residents the worst, and they even give you verbal if you move them and use the bay, or leave notes on your screen.

We also have a distribution company nearby, and they have drivers parking trucks in the resident bays, always, "I'll only be a minute."

Westminster's finest traffic fraudsters seem to drive around the block constantly, but they never bother the trades or trucks. Corruption seems to be rife.

I reckon the answer is more bikes!

Am I recalling this correctly, there are fewer cars in London today than in the 1960's? I seem to remember reading it but do not remember if it was true, or if it's just specific areas of London. If it is true it fuels the wild conspiracy theories about traffic lights and parking restrictions to cause traffic for revenue purposes ie congestion charge, parking charges etc

Easy_Rider":1qh8kvha said:
Am I recalling this correctly,
there are fewer cars in London today than in the 1960's?
I seem to remember reading it but do not remember if it was true,
or if it's just specific areas of London.
If it is true it fuels the wild conspiracy theories about traffic lights and
parking restrictions to cause traffic for revenue purposes ie congestion charge, parking charges etc

Don't know about the 60s, but it does seem to be on the decline.

I caught this one of these days while ridding through downtown.

the yellow "box" is for motorcycles only.

154558_1476051583449_1298490783_31185096_424800_n.jpg

People who park in disabled spaces (usually "boutique" 4x4s) get my goat. I've always wanted to park a car with a disabled badge on it right behind them so that they would have to wait for the owner to come back and move.

Failing that, the supermarkets etc should carry out their threats and clamp/fine/tow away offenders.

Back