Acid dipping

get it soda blasted,i've had a few ally frames done and they come back looking like brand new every time

kona easton ultralite
DSCN1364.jpg

close up
DSCN1368.jpg

Where are you getting them soda blasted mate? I'm not too far from you so would be interested if using them if they're local?

he's mobile so will pick up and drop it off,usually does it within a day or so.i've got his number somewhere as he's done a few for me.for aluminium i wouldn't consider anything else.
i'll pm you the number

he's a local blaster for local people :LOL:

he has a franchise so i would think they are pretty much nationwide.
i can only go off my experience and once i had my aluminium kona blasted i wouldn't consider anything else.it's not the cheapest ( about £40 for a frame) but for alumium frames there is nothing better imo,they come back looking brand new.
i gave him my orange 5 frame and left the rubber cable grommits in but the soda didn't damage them at all

DSCN1464.jpg

bin the nitromors and get jiggy with the soda :LOL:

Soda blasting one of the classic cars secrets. Saw a demo once where they stripped an empty coke can of its paint and caused not damage or distortion to the can :shock: Impressive stuff.

''the far north'' - it's manchester not the north pole :LOL: :LOL: we even have telephones oop here now :LOL:

look for someone local as once you factor in postage it starts to get expensive.it seems to getting more popular so i would think there will be someone doing it fairly local to everyone

even in the far north :LOL: :LOL:

Back