getting an itch for a full suss, but what?

and how much would a second hand fsr cost?

i'm trying to budget this build to about £300 max all in (if i do it) as my winter project.

maybe a bit more than that then seeing at it was a £1400 bike! :D :oops: I'm sure you'd get one for about £550. I'd say £300 budget for a good fs with discs that ticks all your boxes and with everything working well is unrealistic. Is £300 the total build cost budget including the value of spares you already own?

I'll get me coat! :LOL: ;)

£300 was to cover a rolling chassis (frame, fork, wheelset & ideally a headset.)

i'm gradually acquiring my drivetrain at the moment in anticipation of a build later this year / early next year (only got a matching rear mech to snatch but that can wait a few weeks) & i'll be keeping a lookout for a decent bar & stem to use on such a build should something pop up at a good price, likewise with some disc brakes. finishing kit isn't as critical because i'll happily raid another frame as a stop gap or just use something random i have knocking about to get it going at first then sort it for a finished build later on.

I saw a giant box one go on ebay this morning for under £100 complete so there must be slightly better things out there selling for a few shillings more. I don't need anything super modern, I just think I might be tempted to look at something full suss, full disc & not strictly retro but not strictly modern either.

Back