My '94 Bonty OR - updated 02/06/14

I really prefer the old version of you bonty…
What happened to your Cook's crank ? :D

24pouces":2yxzdbdg said:
I really prefer the old version of you bonty…
What happened to your Cook's crank ? :D

Most people do, but I'm a fan of the 2012 version especially as it gets ridden at least 2 or 3 times a week :).
The Cooks were sold a few years to a US chap...for many, many pounds :D.

Hi Keith

Lovely bike and so many incarnations :D

Could you tell me what those white brake adapters on the Vbrakes are and where you got them from please ?

Cheers

Mark :D

kermitgreenkona88":1n8oulql said:
Hi Keith

Lovely bike and so many incarnations :D

Could you tell me what those white brake adapters on the Vbrakes are and where you got them from please ?

Cheers

Mark :D

Hey Mark,
I made the white V adaptors from box section aluminium. They worked well on the V's. :cool:

Great work. Prefer this to the previous build. You've outdone yourself once again! :D It'll be nice to see the finished product.

If you added a 'Bontrager' decal to the fork, instead if just the logo,it might blend a bit better with the rest of the frame. Just my opinion :LOL:

It's been such an interesting build so far.
Do you have any plans to return it to it's former MTB glory? Maybe you could make that next year's guise ;)

She's not finished just yet Titch. I've recently carried out a rear brake upgrade and she's about to go ALL black (just saving up the pennies to go SRAM TT shifters and rear mech).

Its funny you should mention going back to an MTB format as I realised that I now have all the components to make quite a nice proper TT bike, all I need is a decent TT frame and forks. So maybe next Spring I might shift all this road gear onto a proper TT frame and make the Bonty a proper Bonty again.

The Bonty is getting faster and faster though. I knocked out a 30 miler on Tuesday in a fraction over an hour and a half. The TT position is now perfect and the lighter wheel set just make the bike fly. I'll put up some recent photos today showing the rear brake upgrade and then in a few weeks time I'll show the refreshed for Spring/Summer 2012 all black Bonty. :D

O and the forks already have a Bonty logo on them. Gil sent me the correct fork decals last year so I had two spare and put them on the road forks as well as the original Bonty forks.

Recent rear brake and saddle test updates (I have settled on a brand new Bonty TT Team saddle...not pictured) :)

Painted and ridden approx 100 miles so far and all good...although on the first ride the bolts came loose!!! LOL. Thread locked and now perfect. :D
IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

You were definitely right to paint the brake bridge, looks much tidier now. Maybe with black bolts holding it to the canti bosses, it would blend better?

By 'ALL black' do you mean frame too?

I really would love to see another MTB incarnation of this. I'm sure you'll do your lovely bonty proud. Keep up the good work :cool:

Back