Any recommendations for Powder coaters - Leics, Nott, Derby?

Dunno if this will be of interest but I work for a paint company in Leicester so I can get a stripped frame sprayed for 50 quid. It'll be a higher quality finish than powder and decals can go under clearcoat although it won't be as robust.
Matt

bod":if9ppej3 said:
Dunno if this will be of interest but I work for a paint company in Leicester so I can get a stripped frame sprayed for 50 quid. It'll be a higher quality finish than powder and decals can go under clearcoat although it won't be as robust.
Matt

Can you clearcoat over powder coat?

Not that I'm aware of, the surface tension would probably be too high and stop the clear getting a good key. You could probably powder clear over powder but the decals might shrink and the coating would be millimetres rather than microns thick.
Could be wrong though, my field is wet paint so don't know as much about powder.

Here is the last job they did....white is not the best colour on a pic to show off but gives you an idea.

For the price....can't fault them...£40 for shot blasting, frame, fork, stem, handlebar & seatpost and powdercoating the lot!

Attachments

• rsz_photo0583.jpg
    rsz_photo0583.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,342
  • rsz_photo0582.jpg
    rsz_photo0582.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,342
  • rsz_photo0581.jpg
    rsz_photo0581.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,342
And they did this too...it gleams!

Attachments

• rsz_dsc00150.jpg
    rsz_dsc00150.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 1,035
  • rsz_dsc00151.jpg
    rsz_dsc00151.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 1,035
Racin'snake":3vfyzf5s said:
The only bad thing I will say is only expect blasting and coating....nothing else!

It does look good though.

Another thing that increased my confidence was when i was explaining about masking the bottom bracket etc, the guy said no need to worry we put bungs in all of the frame holes and will cover the brake pivots points on the frame as well :cool:

Khane":oqd7fnhv said:
apparently Newstar are no longer trading, my dad was getting a frame resprayed for a christmas present for me. gave him the details for newstar, but there is no one at that premisses and the phone number is dead.

but apparently there is another sprayshop nearby.
for future refrence. ;)

They rellocated to nearby. Now found at:

NEW STAR POWDER COATING

AUSTER INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SILVERDALE DRIVE, THURMASTON
LE4 8NG LEICESTER, LEICESTERSHIRE
Phone: 01162 696937

Back