oh dear... Saracen kili content

coomber":3694b4sp said:
Buy the cro mo frame on ebay instead and pimp it out :cool:

Is there now a 17" on ebay? Saw the 19" one went for £270.. Problem is the 19" is nigh on a 21" in reality.

pics taken with mobile so not so clear...

Damage
20120312_171812.jpg

20120312_154759.jpg

20120312_171712.jpg

how the wheel was packed:
20120312_154814.jpg

the bike
20120313_150401.jpg

20120313_150433.jpg

20120313_150206.jpg

Now they have gone against my wishes and booked collection of the bike without confirming if it is a day I am available. Like most do it turns out I am working tomorrow and have been told that if I cancel the collection I will have to fund and send bike via my own courier.

And even though they have admitted via email that I was sold a shop soiled against my wishes they cannot authorise a refund until after they have received the bike and checked it over.

I have only just read all this, :shock: , what a saga, and very disapointing for you too, i know you were made up at the beginning.

If it were me , id swop it for the smaller frame, and live with the scratches on the crank arm. Its certainly not the best level of service or after care, in fact it sounds bloody aweful.

But it looks a great bike to me, and a good price, and look at the pic with the two Saracens together, fantastic... :cool:

Unless of course there is another dealer that can supply at the same price..? it would be a shame not to get it in the end.

Agreed, I was seriously considering swapping the frame over but..

I could live with the scratch on the crank but the front wheel looks in bad shape to me. Spokes took a bit of a battering due to them being hooked over crank arm. The hub is not right either, don't get me wrong I could take it apart etc but don't feel that I should have to. Then I begin to worry about me actually damaging the frame more when I am stripping it. :LOL:

And the bottom line is I don't trust the shop any more. I have been lied to from the beginning and are really not sure it is right to continue any kind of relationship with them. I don't make a habit of loosely complaining about shops on forums but real cycles were told from the beginning that I wanted brand new and assured me the bike I was receiving was mint. I was about to take my business else where too :x

I plan to get one in the end and are also considering getting flyer cromo frame in aqua to build up myself ;)

What a saga. I feel really sorry for you, you spend your hard earned and end up with a massive pain in the !*se. Hope it eventually gets sorted and they refund you plus with compensation. Shame as looks (without damage) really sweet.

superstu":25lilxqy said:
What a saga. I feel really sorry for you, you spend your hard earned and end up with a massive pain in the !*se. Hope it eventually gets sorted and they refund you plus with compensation. Shame as looks (without damage) really sweet.

Bike has gone back now and I have a kili flyer cromo frame due to me soon. ;)

It has been a lot of hassle and to be fair to the lads at the shop have since been really honest with me about what happened. I am now happy with the way they are now dealing with the situation.

The word is that saracen wont be making any more kili cromo or ti bikes/frames for the remainder of 2012. Rumoured to make more frame only options in 2013. With this in mind i decided to end my hunt for a ti and get the flyer cromo frame and do a custom build myself :D

Back