oh dear... Saracen kili content

coomber":p2s06doe said:
Theres a kili frame (cromo) on ebay at the mo :shock:

Jealous? Me? Not at all...........

Yes, I saw it, could be wrong but it looks like the seller may have got himself one of the half price cromo flyers and split it out on ebay.

Wow, that's an incredible deal, you essentially got everything other than the frame for £800! I really like the look of those cromo kilis as well, fairly pricey though for a brand that's only just re-establishing itself...

sam264":xx3s5cu6 said:
Wow, that's an incredible deal, you essentially got everything other than the frame for £800! I really like the look of those cromo kilis as well, fairly pricey though for a brand that's only just re-establishing itself...

I suppose when you price each part individually it becomes apparent that it is a good deal.

I agree at £2599 rrp the flyer cromo is expensive baring in mind madison are just beginning to re-establish saracen. Real cycles sold out of them rapidly when at half this price and whilst the frames look lovely I think a more aggressive price was necessary.

Sorry to tangent onto the cro-mo but I think they were priced appropriately. They are handbuilt by enigma, and are similarly priced to a same spec cove etc.

Your kili is going to be immense. Wonder what it will ride like? Not much I would change on it to be honest.

dendy":3q4nop1t said:
r cromo was being offered for £1260 cash via realcycles.com i decided i had to have one. Purchased one online last night and was immediately disappointed to awake this morning to find out they had sold out:

Anyhow, an hour later and I was offered the 2012 kili flyer ti for £1800 cash and I just couldn't resist it :roll:

They should have removed the bike from their web site as it's sold out. But the shop still had it up for sale :x Then they offer you a more expensive bike.
Lovely bikes. But a very naughty seller IMO

This happens to often with on-line sellers still selling stuff that is sold out. Trading standards should know about them.

tintin40":d8l72s0k said:
dendy":d8l72s0k said:
r cromo was being offered for £1260 cash via realcycles.com i decided i had to have one. Purchased one online last night and was immediately disappointed to awake this morning to find out they had sold out:

Anyhow, an hour later and I was offered the 2012 kili flyer ti for £1800 cash and I just couldn't resist it :roll:

They should have removed the bike from their web site as it's sold out. But the shop still had it up for sale :x Then they offer you a more expensive bike.
Lovely bikes. But a very naughty seller IMO

This happens to often with on-line sellers still selling stuff that is sold out. Trading standards should know about them.

:LOL: :LOL: You are right, I was perfectly happy bagging the flyer cromo and was gutted and told them so. And there answer is to make more money selling me a more expensive bike.. It is naughty especially if someone ended up buying something they could not afford.

coomber":22wfz05r said:
Sorry to tangent onto the cro-mo but I think they were priced appropriately. They are handbuilt by enigma, and are similarly priced to a same spec cove etc.

Your kili is going to be immense. Wonder what it will ride like? Not much I would change on it to be honest.

Personally I agree coomber, problem is the saracin super market special image is hard to shake at £750 a frame.

not sure what to expect from the ride as my experience riding modern bikes is very limited.. I wont be changing anything on it immediately but will upgrade over time.

:x :cry:

So this has developed into a right saga..

Received the kili flyer ti yesterday to find that the top tube had a gouge/scratch and another blemish all underneath the protective foam tubing :?

Then I noticed that somebody had packed the box thinking it was a good idea to hook the front wheel spokes over the non-driveside crank arm, basically wedging the wheel via the spokes. Removed the wheel to find a dirty great scratch on the inside of the arm and a slightly bent spoke.

Attached the front wheel to find a hideous amount of back and forth play with front brake applied, you can see the hub body move at least 5mm whilst the axle is solid.

Then to end it all there is the small problem of them forgetting to put my pedals in the box and the big problem of the frame being too big. Originally told them my height and inside leg and they said whilst the 19" is a big 19" they thought it would be ok. Not completely their fault I know

Contacted the seller whom I spoke to today and was told I was to be getting a full refund with no offer of replacement. I asked about them replacing it with a size smaller due to the fact that they had them listed available on their site to be told it is a mistake and they hadn't got any 17" in stock. They had also phoned Saracen whom apparently said they had none left :? But hey i can purchase a 17" ti frame off them for big money:roll:

Sorry for my ramblings but I am gutted to say the least. It amazes me how i went from thinking i had purchased a flyer cromo, then a ti and now nothing. The delivery was delayed so i had to have extra time off work and now it looks like I have the hassle of packaging it all up and making sure i am available for collection :x :x

Maybe it is not meant to be cos i am not willing to pay more than what i originally paid.. Better off spending £1800 on retro bikes me thinks :LOL:

Unlucky chap. Sounds like a right pain in the ar*e. Guess if its not right its best to send it back. Shame you never got to test it out though.

coomber":6ovq25c8 said:
Unlucky chap. Sounds like a right pain in the ar*e. Guess if its not right its best to send it back. Shame you never got to test it out though.

I feel unlucky at minute lol

They have just contacted me to say they will do a frame swap for a 17" but the damaged kit I have to keep. Apparently the sales person forgot to tell me i was buying a shop soiled, :? originally it was cheap just cos it was the "last one left"

I have said no..

Latest posts

Back