Saracen Catalogues 1987 - 1998

Also found this amongst the scans.

Saracen_1990_Pricelist.jpg

That's quite a smart and well formatted, not in a times new roman or even dot matrix printer, given it is 1989. Way before PC's hit as the home computer of choice, still in 80386 land back then.
Proper company :)

drystonepaul":37t2dij9 said:
Curiously there appears not to have been a 1988 catalogue

I suspect there was but it got lost.....when Madison bought the Saracen brand they received hardly anything from Saracen HQ in Warwickshire...just a handful of lever arch files with some promo material, these cats and a couple of other bits of junk....everything else was lost in the mists of time.

Props to Simon Wild of Madison for giving me an office for the day when I scanned this lot back in 2009 ;)

Brilliant.
Neill - thanks for the original scans.
Paul - thanks for pdfing and sorting.
Ben - thanks for uploading to the archive

Now sorted the archive.

drystonepaul":ked8lmh8 said:
Are you sure it isn't the one in the 1990 catalogue...?

The spec says Double Elliptical Oversize Tange Prestige tubing, Tange MTB Special Oversize Direct Drive 'Big' fork, XT groupset and Metallic British Racing Green powdercoat.

Granted the photo of the bike in the catalogue does look more black than green, but I reckon it's the one you are describing.

That'll be it! I was looking for the bike image rather than the description. 1990 it is then! I went out on it yesterday so still going strong. I have the original forks back on with it set up as a tourer. Did the shopping at the farm shop and came back the long way. 18 miles with a sack of onions!

wow :shock: ,excellent catalog i know what bike is next inline for me(if i can find one) :D 89 kili flyer,those double u brakes and wishbone frame are just wow!!

1997 Ltd Edition

Hi, This is my first post, I found this site after looking for my bike. It's a Saracen Ltd Edition from this catalouge! I purchased it new in 1997 and had some upgrades done soon after, I will post a pic or two asap. Is this a rare bike now? I was considering updating it but looking through this forum, it may be best to leave well alone?
Cheers Paul. :D

Back