Temple Newsam Ride 17.3.2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
got some stuff ill bring if anyone is interetsed, is it worth making a karma list on this thread?

After waiting so long to go on this ride a spanner has been thrown into the works. :roll:

For reasons I'll not go into we've had a rough week at home and I may stay at home with my wife to cheer her up - some things are more important than riding bikes I'm afraid.

I'll see how we are on Friday and make a decision then.

Mark - when would you expect us to be back at the carpark, barring any incidents?

Cheers guys,

Rob

Rob Atkin":2boxlsjr said:
After waiting so long to go on this ride a spanner has been thrown into the works. :roll:

For reasons I'll not go into we've had a rough week at home and I may stay at home with my wife to cheer her up - some things are more important than riding bikes I'm afraid.

I'll see how we are on Friday and make a decision then.

Mark - when would you expect us to be back at the carpark, barring any incidents?

Cheers guys,

Rob

i'll say 3pm give or take 15 mins. just back from it. generally dry with odd squidgey bit, bike fairly mud free though!

get this. i was drooling, even fantasising about a tray of chips as i've had no lunch but, armed with 500ml of water i thought all would be fine at the chippy. closed :evil: ah well, i know it will be open on sat though. weekdays it shuts at 1;30pm til 5. i was cycling open-mouthed to catch any protein. :LOL:

aye rob, come over anyway, walk round and stuff. feed the ducks and there is plenty of gardens to enjoy. i recommend the tropical greenhouse at back of the rose gardens, its like walking through a perfume dept in a store :cool:

FluffyChicken":2li577so said:
You've missed a detail of the front page I think.
Where's breakfast ?
Good point FC, that's one vital detail missed there MarcTT!

Having a bit of a dilemma on which bike to use...

Clockwork = no forks (off being serviced)

Marin = Needs fully recabling, those Goodridge outers are mighty stiff and have snapped off several outer cable ferrules!

KHS = in a muddy heap at the back of the room

Modern plastic tat = clean & ready to ride but with several new parts fitted & not ridden since fitting them

Hoping to spend a couple of hours checking my steed tonight , blowing tyres up and the like as the rest of the week is turning a bit mad.
Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back