Seat clamp problem

:shock: interesting tube being tapered like that if you look at the very top, you can see it is a llittle bit worn causing a taper.

can you try a narrower clamp or build up the top edge of the tube with laquer or epoxy. note with carbon fibre tubes, you need a wider clamp to spread the load - I'll measure up some of my clamps so you can see if you can go thinner.

02gf74":4r5zstfr said:
:shock: interesting tube being tapered like that if you look at the very top, you can see it is a llittle bit worn causing a taper.

can you try a narrower clamp or build up the top edge of the tube with laquer or epoxy. note with carbon fibre tubes, you need a wider clamp to spread the load - I'll measure up some of my clamps so you can see if you can go thinner.

I think the worn area was caused by the clamp sliding off? Perhaps i shouldn't tighten my seat clamp so much? I just hate it when the post slips.

^^^ yes, quite possibly. Put a few of layes of clear varnish applied with a paintbrush around the end of the tube to build it up.

I recommend using Tacx carbon assembley paste, supposedly reduces clamping force by 30 %.

I was sceptical but although I cannot say it is a much as 30 %, it does help prevent post slippage with lower clamping force.

T4763_T4765_Carbon_Assembly_450x338.jpg

Back