PACE RC200 F5 - Blue Tint - Almost Finished

wm4wm4

Retro Guru
Hi There,

Just thought I'd share my latest progress with my new (old) Pace RC200 f5. Have been riding an f8 for about 7 years now, but completely modern spec. So, here is my ode to the RC series...

Taken it for a quick (on-road) spin, and feels so stiff, like a short wheel-based whippet. Can't wait to get it on the trails. Just a few bits to sort out...

I've tried to keep it British, where possible (silver and light) and i've tried to keep it in date.

A few things still need work:

Saddle - think i may have a flite on its way

Seatpost - have a blue 25.0 USE post, but looking for a silver post (keeping the blue mounts) - anyone have one going?

Front (and possibly rear) brakes - maybe have a machine tech front coming

Rear Wheel - looking to swap current freewheel for freehub if anyone's interested?

Grips - not sure, any suggestions?

Pedals - looking for some early Shimano SPds....

Anyway, would appreciate any inspiration any of you had, any comments and more...

Cheers

Attachments

• DSC_7882.jpg
    DSC_7882.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 1,180
  • DSC_7876.jpg
    DSC_7876.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 1,178
  • DSC_7885.jpg
    DSC_7885.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,178
Holy crap, if you live near your photo shoot spot, you are literally minutes from me!

(I used to live on Sheperton Rd, now a little further away but not too far...Pace and pint chat some time?)

Certainly up for a Pint, and maybe a Pace chat, but your Pace-related garage makes me wonder if it may be more of a lesson than a chat!

I actually live up in Holloway, but work at Mosquito Bikes. A shop that I'm sure you have heard of, whether the good, the bad or the ugly!

Pop in one day, I work Fridays & Saturdays...

Forgot to mention, but thanks for all the help so far from:

lewis1641
Corduroyboy
ishaw
farley325
faber26
porschenut911
Chris

and probably more... And my rc200f8 (for the stem)

Hard to live around here and not know Mosquito! Nice stuff but a little over priced on the sundries if you dont mind me saying (I think my most expensive ever by a great margin gear cable was bought on there in a moment of combined urgency and lazyness).

The chap who sold me the RC500 at on your bike ended up working at mosquito...not you is it?

Oh and on the Pace front. Its looking slick, I'm no SS fan but it does look good. Have a word with Gill, he may be able to sort you out some SS specific dropouts.

The only person I can think that might have been would be Doogle, but he left a good few years ago. I think he's sponsored these days.

In terms of the SS set up, it's not my cup of tea either. I think it may be the first SS i have ever ridden! I'm out of money & time for the project, so thought I'd cut my losses and go for something different.

How can i get hold of Gill, because SS dropouts sounds like a good idea? I had been thinking of making some myself, however I'm sure that would be destined for failure!

Cheers

Any Decals to go on her?

Lovely job so far on your F5 - keeping it simple and pure :)

Are you planning to put new stickers on her?

I have an F4 I am working on and need some new transfers but not sure where to source some original (looking) ones...

Any pointers would be most welcome.

Nice to see other RC200 owners in the east London area :D

I've heard before that shimmed seatposts aren't a great idea on Pace frames.

Looks good though.

Back