1965 Cinelli SC Pista

Looks like there are bikes all over your gaff :)

Just curious what you did with the Shimano Dura Ace first gen front hub ?

Shaun

Thanks guys

Its still a while till its completed...

Having some dramas finding the correct era Fiamme pista rims to build the wheels up...

If anyone has any Fiamme trapaziodal pista rims in 32 and 40h please let me know...

Yeah got a couple of projects on the go at the moment... Other Bike in the pics is a 1985 Pogliaghi Intercorsa pista

Cheers again

Adrian

Way back when I had some Fiamme Pista / Track rims. They didn't have anything like a braking surface to which brake blocks would fit.

Are you thinking of fitting a brake ?

Thought I saw a set on Hilary Stone...

Shaun

PS Dura ace hub?

I've got an old 40 hole fiamme tub rim (laced up onto a Philips fixed/fixed hub) that could possibly be what your looking for?? If you can't find a pair.

Although I think Vintage Bike Cave had a pair, not sure if they've still got them?

Lovely bike, looks like the chrome lugs responded really well!

Thanks Someguy

They have the exact ones i'm after...

More cleaning happened today and the Steel Campy pedals are clean and free of rust

I think this is pretty much my favourite bike anywhere at the moment, what a fantastic find. The patina tells a story in itself, i love it as it is. Regarding the rims would NISI have been an option? Any ideas on what tyres you plan to use?

Unfortunetly I have been moving house over the last couple of weeks and haven't been able to get much done on this build.

I have found a front Trapazoidal Fiamme rim but not a 40H rear.

I have the bars and Stem ready to go and will be taping them Up tonight.

I am using D'Allisandro Tubulars which are a good reproduction of the correct era Tubular

Here they are stretching and Curing

P3192409.jpg

A little more progress last night...

I got some Repro Head badge bolts and fitted the Badge.... And also taped up the bars

Picture031.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Shit pics on Iphone as my Cam is flat....

Starting to take shape nicely :) The tape looks good, quite a bold colour fresh out the pack, with a bit of natural age that'll look great, i wonder what the original colour was?

Back