Sunday 11th March - RB national meet pre-ride

There is a thread on STW about the conditions at Thetford, apparently it's very muddy at the minute.

So that is why we are doing a pre-ride of the routes? Nothing like careful preparation to make the event go smoothly. As Mark said the routes we have planned avoid the heavy traffic areas that most visitors zero in on when they visit Thetford Forest.

got some bad news just went to pick the other half up and as i backed out the garden my clutch cable snapped so gotta go wilco in the morning a get a new one and try and get it fitted so my bikes ready for monday morning :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kinda glad it happened now instead of half way to thetford :shock:

We did the pre-ride of the morning route twice over earlier today. Conditions are perfect on the trails, none of this rumoured mud. Small section of off-piste to avoid some tree felling carnage but it worked out OK. We did it in just over an hour so a big group will take 2 hours.

If anyone is around I am doing the pre-ride of the afternoon ride this Thursday. Due to last Sundays failed attempt this has to be done so we don't have any suprises on the day.

pm me if you want to come along.

And another thing ....

It looks like we have a few staying over for the Sunday ride - Black Route plus some off-piste stuff, The Beast and it's cousins, Magic Carpet etc. 3 hours at the most. Any volunteers to help out would be appreciated.

I can be there on Sunday as well. Haven't ridden the black route for quite a while but imagine it'll be in fairly bad condition.

Back