Help -Retro Bottom Bracket and Aheadset advice needed

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Whilst stripping down my 1989 Rockhopper I game to a grinding halt whilst trying to get the forks/stem off and the cranks .. A quick trip to my local bike shop (Big Foot in Hayes Kent) showed the issue to be that basically my stem was a rusted mess and the aheadset missing a couple of bearings, and that the bottom bracket was not a lot better,basically f*cked ..

So, when trying to rebuild this thing after the spray job what should I use to try and keep the retro feel .. and does anyone have anything that may do the job ??

Cheers
Hilts

Also trying to get hold of some Decals for it, anyone able to offer any assistance ?

for headsets and bottom brackets , you should use something new . especially if you are going to use the bike .

a shimano bottom bracket last for ages with no maintenance . headset might be harder to find ,

Please, for the sake of your sanity, use one of these. Granted they're not retro but the madness ( and expense! ) I had to go to remove an " old skool " BB from me beloved Bonty was deeply unpleasant.
For decals try here. They do all the decals for Argos' restoration jobs and having used them several times I can highly recommend them.

Back