1993 Answer Manitou System FS

FMJ":1wvpbij2 said:
Like I said, I know where there's a NOS frame that's missing the rear yoke if you want to circumvent the welding/finishing/anodizing/restickering process.

I appreciate that info but, the one you mentioned is a 16'. It's way to small for me. Besides, mines almost done now.

On a side note to you and Rockimtn;
I'm thinking of putting together a couple of retro rides this summer. Interested? Does anyone do retro rides around our area?

Cheers,

TC

not know a whole lot of local retro people. have meet even fewer in person, and only rode with one so far. :(

rode my Cirrus at the Spring Epic 8 Hour Relay two years ago with mechagouki. He rode his Xizang. I'll admit my collection of bikes does not reflect well on my riding skills and endurance, which pales in comparison. :oops: But surprisingly got quite a few compliments on the bike while people lapped me! :roll: :LOL:

RockiMtn":2ivzd5vo said:
not know a whole lot of local retro people. have meet even fewer in person, and only rode with one so far. :(

rode my Cirrus at the Spring Epic 8 Hour Relay two years ago with mechagouki. He rode his Xizang. I'll admit my collection of bikes does not reflect well on my riding skills and endurance, which pales in comparison. :oops: But surprisingly got quite a few compliments on the bike while people lapped me! :roll: :LOL:

I did zero racing last year myself. I do like those 8hr events thou, I scored my first ever Gold Medal at the fall 8hr in 2010! I figured I wouldn't likely repeat that result so I quit while ahead.

I've been leading Tuesday and Thursday group rides in the Don Valley for years now. I'm trying to figure how to tie in the retro thing maybe once a month or so.
Here's the links to those;
http://www.ridingfeelsgood.com/forum/vi ... 22&t=28410
http://www.ridingfeelsgood.com/forum/vi ... 22&t=32839

Cheers,
TC

The guy I ride moto with has Cseff's old 97 KHS (the one he won the Nationals on in BC). We go out riding a few times a month.

Indian Caves - Queenston.

9cae91e9.jpg

low light+cell phone= meh

Hi, I've had also a cracking to my Manitou HT 96. That was to the saddle tube. I've fixed it for about 3 years and it's still Ok. But today I only ride my Manitou to go with my 5 years old son... I just keep it as a piece of art... ;-) I just love this bike and I'll never sell it!
6944484959_c11405532b_b.jpg

FMJ":1t9jnnd6 said:
The guy I ride moto with has Cseff's old 97 KHS (the one he won the Nationals on in BC). We go out riding a few times a month.

Indian Caves - Queenston.

low light+cell phone= meh

Ya cell phones suck on soo many levels. Nice bikes!
Your Mongoose reminds me of my Amp B3. Blue in front, shiny Horst-link out back.

Btw: I need to use a 1.25 head tube reamer. I've had no luck finding one in TO. Do you know of anyone/shop who has one?

ety935rs":m3vtufef said:
Hi, I've had also a cracking to my Manitou HT 96. That was to the saddle tube. I've fixed it for about 3 years and it's still Ok. But today I only ride my Manitou to go with my 5 years old son... I just keep it as a piece of art... ;-) I just love this bike and I'll never sell it!

You might want to check how far your seat post inserts into the frame. That's a likely cause of a crack there. However, looking at the amount of filler used in the repair it probably won't matter now. Thanks for posting!

Back