1997 PROFLEX 857 - WAY BIG RED

WAY BIG PROFLEX 857 - Now with RISSE and CARBON CROSSLINKS!!

I finally made a decision on what to do with this one. At first, I wanted to leave it 100% stock, but I found that I actually disliked it! So I decided to do a few mods...

First order of business was to get rid of the ridiculous "test ride" decals. They were under a second layer of clearcoat...it was surgical but came out great. The kmart seatpost was replaced with a Thomson Elite and stem to match.

Aside from some longer Thomson seatpost bolts to get the saddle pointed in the correct direction, and some paint touch ups by my painter (when he has the time), this one is 100% done. The coolest thing about it is that it still retains ALL the factory soft parts (Tires, Grips and Saddle)

All stock parts are bubble wrapped and stored of course!

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 3,603
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 3,603
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 3,589
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 3,591
thanks Steveo!

Yes, I am 6 foot 7...actually it is a thomson 410mm!

taking a bath then off to the painters for some touch ups (not stripping, just a little airbrushing, etc.)

The bottom bracket on both are stuck so ill go to the LBS on the way to have them remove them...dont have a long enough wrench!

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 3,391
Great bike i had one when i was working for the dutch importer of Proflex it was my boss his personal bike! The testride decals where for events where people could actually testride a Proflex. We also gave them to dealers who held testing days. Do you also use Girvin Goo for the swingarm??

thanks Dale,

never heard of Girvin Goo! what is that?

I took the bike to the painter today to get all the little scratches fixed. The seatstay had a huge gash so it was repainted. Also, the entire top tube had to be repainted and recleared to deal with the ridge left when I removed the "Test Ride" decals. In the end it came out great!..you could never tell!

Attachments

• photo(25).JPG
    photo(25).JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 3,302
  • photo(23).JPG
    photo(23).JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 3,301
back from the paint shop with some touch ups to top tube...and new King Headset and Carbon spacer!..(All stock parts packed safe away)

Attachments

• photo(19).JPG
    photo(19).JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 2,168
  • photo(21).JPG
    photo(21).JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 2,168
I wasnt happy with the paint, so i had it done again...twice. This time the entire top tube was redone....considering that it is originally white base with translucent red...and this is single stage, i have no idea how he got it to match so perfectly, in any light..

finally ready to go back together for the last time!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 2,113
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    172 KB · Views: 2,113
hi
looks like you have a whole stable full of proflex's. another canuck with girvin fever. :LOL:
great looking bike. what shocks have you got mounted on this one?
are they available?
what part of canada are you located in?
roy

Thanks man

The shocks are from Risse racing in Oregon. They are custom made for the 857. Just google Risse Racing and call em up!

Oh also I'm in Ontario.

Back