2004 Litespeed Pisgah

nooooo, i was thinking more along the lines of getting rid of the tensioner..i know it's a dirty word, but possibly a half link?

Nick,
You have a seatpost diameter of 31.6mm for your 2004 Pisgah but I do not see any model year that states the seatpost diameter should be anything other than 27.2mm. I checked the years from 2000 - 2006 and all of the Pisgah seatpost diameters are 27.2mm.
Moving on, I saw a few posts on cracked Ti frames so I have been carefully assessing my 2001(2) Pisgah as well. Do you have a high resolution picture of the crack pre and post repair? I installed an IRD rigid 80 mm suspension corrected fork in lieu of Sid XC.

MN_Runner,

Pretty certain Ø31.6 seatpost is correct - I checked with Litespeed before I bought it (didn't want to repeat the previous owner's mistake!).

Here's the Pisgah page from the 2004 brochure. Seatpost diameter is given at the bottom right:

web.png

Apologies for the crap photo, but here is the fixed weld:

dscn3947r.jpg

Will get out in the sunshine at the weekend and take a better one.

Cheers,

Nik

Hi Nick,
You are correct for your 2004 Pisgah model. I also called the Litespeed and the engineer confirmed that it was increased from 27.2mm to 31.6mm in 2004. So you are good. I have been checking for cracks and found none thus far. Thanks for your help.

Almost there:

Thumbshifter mounted up. It's the SJS version, rather than the Paul Components, with a Dura Ace 9spd shifter. Clamp is very neat indeed - only uses one bolt to mount the shifter onto the clamp and the clamp onto the bar.
shifterh.jpg

Cranks and BB into the 21st Century! Never used an external BB before - super simple to fit! Kinda wish I'd held out for Middleburn cranks, but the M770s were going cheap. Chain guide from Paul Components.
cranksx.jpg

9 speed XT block and mech.
cassettet.jpg

First ride at the weekend! :D

Complete :)

dscn4145b.jpg

All working tip-top. No indexing issues apart from a bit of barrel adjusting. What a difference an 8 extra gears make!

Just need to sort those pesky cable outers on the top tube. Any tips to stop them bulging up? Zip-tie seems a little crude.

Nik

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Went for a couple of rides on Saturday. All good until I got home and cleaned off the mud - the repaired weld between seat stay and seat tube has a fresh hairline crack.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Waiting for some expert advice, but I think it might be game over. Properly gutted - it is such a great bike to ride. Maybe it can be repaired, but I think it's probably better to start saving the pennies for a new frame. Might have to bring the Kilauea out of retirement in the mean time.

Just for the record, Enigma were very upfront about the fact that the repaired weld would never be as good as the original and it was done entirely at my own risk. They did a brilliant job and it's given me two years of joy. Just wish it could of held out a bit longer.

Nik

Latest posts

Back