1994 TREK 930 SHX - PAINTED WITH DECALS ON PAGE 3!!

34henry3w":3us6mel8 said:
Almost done!....I am just cable missing the correct shifter cable housings!!..hardest stuff to find...I am looking for "SIS SP SEALED" NOS ...can anyone help me out?
Man, congratulations for this marvellous project.
A question: how did you glue the Trek badge back in place ? What did you use ?

Thanks everyone!

To answer outstanding questions:

-The aluminum is just protected by hard Carnuba wax. If I actually where to get the bike dirty /wet, I would have the bar ends and seat post re-clear anodized at my local plater. We will see if it becomes an issue.

The head badge was carefully removed with a heat gun. if you pull too hard you will kink it and it is ruined. After removing all the glue, you must re-radius it carefully using a small pipe so that it fits snuggly back on. The best thing by far to use is black general electric silicone...which is what I used. It absolutely MUST be flexible to allow expansion and contraction, (so NOT epoxy, etc)

I just rode it to work today!..100% done!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,611
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 1,600
apmv60":clkil1uo said:
What A Great thread.
I have a 930 slightly older than yours and probably in poorer condition. I have owned it from new 93ish? I think. It has not been riden for some years and has been neglected. Your thread has inspired me to want restore / make it better. I will strip the frame down and get it sand blasted to asses its conditon. If it is worth doing, do you think that your decal designer would sell me some decals ?

Another thought would it be worthwhile getting the frame powder coated.
I look forward to your replies.
Hi, APMV60.
I had a ' 93 Trek 930 SHX that I gave to my friend some years ago. Nowadays it's painted in black, but its original color was electric plum. I liked that color but some time in the sun faded it. My love wasn ' t so careful like me.
Your bike has a nice and rare combination of colors to find in a Trek bike. Keep it that way!

An amazing build, i have just lost the past 30 mins or so reading through and you are a man after my own heart wanting it to how it was back in the day. It is amazing that you managed to track you old frame down and i know what the nostalgia must be like for you :D
I also love the high polished parts they are very nice.

The build has been a long time in the making but well worth it. You now need to take a picture of you doing a wheely and show both side by side - the one from 1996 and one from current :cool:

Thanks man,

Jut took it for a ride with my twin brother and his high school Univega...(albeit a replica)..Is it a crime to go for a ride on NOS Magics and NOS Psychos?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 1,399
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,399
Back