A nice little ride today...

Anthony":2499itp5 said:
We did pass the Chattri, a bit later. Quite dry up there. And we crossed the bridge that is closed, as we're naughtier than you.

What was Newtimber Hill like today? Almost unridable at the foot of the hill last time I went there a few weeks ago, owing to farmer churning it up.

Nice pics as ever. Funny that you threw a sicky to go for a ride, and then you really did throw a sicky. Quite poetic really.

Hi, I had pretty much decided at the bottom of that Hill I was feeling rough and headed back down to Brighton, felt a bit better then went up by the side of the A27 and then back along to Devils Dyke from there.

Yes, rather a self fulfilling prophecy of a sick day which I ended up being sick on. :)

Glad you managed to get out, it was a great day for it.

oh dear mate, hope you're feeling better!

Green Rabbit and i got out for the afternoon yesterday - route - never been round there before, some lovely countryside and roads, but i regret not getting out in the morning, too many idiots out driving.

saw some lovely motors at Goodwood..

goodwood1s.jpg

goodwood2s.jpg

goodwood3s.jpg

goodwood4s.jpg

goodwood5s.jpg

goodwood6s.jpg

goodwood7s.jpg

really enjoying my riding at the moment, bring on the summer and more dusty off road trails :D

Hit the trails today, did a Cissbury/Chanctonbury loop, 75% of the trails were dry and like summer, if even created dust ;)

Attachments

• DSC03827.JPG
    DSC03827.JPG
    492.4 KB · Views: 1,254
  • DSC03825.JPG
    DSC03825.JPG
    247.2 KB · Views: 1,254
  • DSC03823.JPG
    DSC03823.JPG
    454.3 KB · Views: 1,254
  • DSC03819.JPG
    DSC03819.JPG
    452.4 KB · Views: 1,254
Anthony":2d11ol8s said:
Is number 16 an Elva? Or a Lotus 22?

As Max says, it is a Lotus, but it is a 23 not a 22. The 22 was a single seat formula junior. Ironically, a lot of 22's got converted into 23's during the eighties. They say of the 65 lotus 23's built, 87 remain running today. :shock:

Following on from this thread: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=193240

I started on my 3 week 'The People's Grand Tour' extravaganza adventure thing today. It was a very nice day but a bit cold. Unfortunately I had to abandon the initial Prologue TT due to technical problems (missing seatpost being one of them) but will move that to another day, so today was a ride from Brighton to Ferring and back.

I will spare the boring photo's of the rather misty seafront and instead present the near finish of my ride, some drink and cake at Carats.

It remains to be seen how many days I can actually get on a bike in the next 3 weeks (work is already causing problems with that) but its worth a shot I guess.

Go to www.peoplesgrandtour.com and see if it is of interest, it seems to be a pretty good idea.

:)

Attachments

• IMAG0751.jpg
    IMAG0751.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,226
DA-EVO":37iu0k8k said:
I will spare the boring photo's of the rather misty seafront and instead present the near finish of my ride, some drink and cake at Carats.
I hope it didn't make you sick this time Dylan!

I know Carats is very popular, but IMO the fruit cake at the cafe on the Undercliff west of Rottingdean is way better, truly delicious like home made.

Anthony":3pmdbic9 said:
I hope it didn't make you sick this time Dylan!

I know Carats is very popular, but IMO the fruit cake at the cafe on the Undercliff west of Rottingdean is way better, truly delicious like home made.

TBH I do like Carats but I just wish that the food was a bit more consistent - sometimes it is really good others its not. But I agree with you on the Rottingdean place. As my mother once told me "Theres plenty more cakes by the sea". At least, I think she said that, I was crying at the time. ;)

Pigs - On Sunday me and Junior found Pigs near the South Downs. We were on the Chattri and the Windmills trail.

The ones that were not asleep came over and said 'hi'.

Junior didn't want his photo on here so heres the pigs. Did I mention the pigs?

We didn't eat bacon on this day. Amen.

The one on the right was having a nap - not dead. Just so you know.

(or the one mid pic)

Attachments

• pigs.jpg
    pigs.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 1,202
Back