1995 Kona Kilauea with Rodys' fork

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Here's my Kilauea. It got smashed by a car about '98 and i kept a hold of the frame mainly out of nostalgia as it was my first real MTB. Had the idea to get a new rear triangle welded onto it a few years ago and just got it done recently by Argos. Its disc specific and i had the cable routing changed so that it runs along the top tube. I kept the gear cable guides on as i was unsure if i would like singlespeeding. The forks i had made for me by Rody. My brother has the original P2s' on his bike so i was looking for some Ti forks to put on it and after some chat on here i stumped for a steel pair. I wanted a 5 piece construction fork and Rody said he would design the fork with angles to suit the Kona. Decals, of course, by Gil.

Attachments

• CIMG0502.JPG
    CIMG0502.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 3,125
  • CIMG0503.JPG
    CIMG0503.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 3,128
  • CIMG0506.JPG
    CIMG0506.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 3,121
  • CIMG0508.JPG
    CIMG0508.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 3,121
Aside from the strange lack of gears, very nice ;-)

I like the slightly irrational "fix it instead of buying a new one" mentality too. Was it expensive to get the new rear triangle made up?

You should add the bike to the single speed steed thread just added. If I can ever get mine finished it'll be on there. It'll raise a few eyebrows hopefully :cool:

Kilauea

Yeah i had it resprayed at Argos when i got the new rear triangle on it. I took inspiration for the colour from a two-tone mountaingoat i had a while back and have since seen a couple of Konas on here recently with almost identical paint :cry:

Dude...you got it dirty!!!

Now that's what a bike is supposed to look like.

More importantly, how does it ride?

cheers,

rody

That's a very cool looking bike! Awesome colour choice and I like Rody's fork, looks just right. Hmmm (mulls over a singlespeed, imagines other half's reaction).

Back