Bent Carbon mech cage

Dont they sell replacemet cages for them?

Otherwise, make your own and bond it to an existing un betnt bit? (Im assuming your becoming a wizard (harry) at this carbon lark?).

:LOL: It's possible the carbon is fine you know. It may just be a loose pin or something in the mech. Something easily fixed if identified.

Not a bent mech hanger?

Carbon fibre would break or just return to its original shape rather than bend and remain in a bent state.

cyfa2809":19tup6me said:
(Im assuming your becoming a wizard (harry) at this carbon lark?).

A wizard at f**king it up. :LOL: Some thing to do tomorrow

+1 on the bent mech hanger if the bike has one.

Buy the new mech anyway but have the hanger checked first, new mech will shift just the same as old with a bent mech hanger.

You can definitely buy cages for them, seen them a lot on eBay. Oh just had a look and they are 80 quid or more... :?

BertR00t":2g5ikftt said:
You can definitely buy cages for them, seen them a lot on eBay. Oh just had a look and they are 80 quid or more... :?

X fingers it's not bent or damaged. Perhaps the hanger? The cage looked OK to my eyes. But that's not saying much :LOL:

Russell":2ovonpvk said:
Not a bent mech hanger?

Carbon fibre would break or just return to its original shape rather than bend and remain in a bent state.

+1

post photo; carbon does not bend like metal, although on the x0, one side of the cage is carbon, other is alloy, it should be obvious if the cage has bent by palcing a straight edge e,g, a steel rule across the jcage

I've fitted anther cassette and still the same problem changing gear from 1-4th gear.
Perhaps i've bent the mech body not the cage? Will find anther mech and try. A mate said it looked to him the mech was bent.

Back