Chas Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.O.X-catalogue scans too...

tintin40":r82jos95 said:
sinnerman said:
If i save the disc drive for my "Dave Hemmings special", then i will probably run a matching Hope front hub, to the rear i already have.

Brake levers could be X-lite chicken stixs, with a durace lever and pauls clamp...?..... :? what do you think...?

That would just leave cranks and rings...? Middleburn cranks and rings or Pace rings...???... :?

A Dave H special sounds good. Looking forward to pictures. Like Chicken stix. Middleburn all the way for me. Had lots BITD
[/quote]

Dave use to always amaze me with his ability to be honest, and he had a kinda flamboyant flair/style that gained him many high end quality frames to race on each season, Roberts, Klein, Salsa, Fat Chance, etc to name a few..... :shock: :cool:

Pic below.....
Dave Hemmings at malverns, (Junior)....graced with a Roberts WhiteSpider Ultralight.....and tricked out with Standard O/E Bontrager composite fork, and disc drive............,(this bike was rumoured to weigh under 23lbs with the disc drive and with a steel fuselage too... ).........i remember it being so light, but to be fair i never did get to weigh it........but i did get to be very :mrgreen:

(as for the weight it was probably 2lb heavier, in the real world, but whatever the real weight he could kick my ass riding a wheel barrow anyway....lol, much in the way that Carl Sturgeon would do the same to him......lol).

I still have the original spec sheet for this bike, and thought it would be nice to build it at last... :cool: But i do have several pieces still to get, and several others i ought to get finished first... :? :oops:

Attachments

• dave_h_racing_junior_malverns_classic_roberts_whitespider_ultralight_158.jpg
    dave_h_racing_junior_malverns_classic_roberts_whitespider_ultralight_158.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 974
Thought it might be nice for me to add the mag scan of Justins Dogs too...

Attachments

• DB2.jpg
    DB2.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 979
  • db1.jpg
    db1.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 977
A mag review....

Attachments

• dbse3.jpg
    dbse3.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 975
  • dbse2.jpg
    dbse2.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 975
  • dbse1.jpg
    dbse1.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 976
Thanks fellas.

Im still on the Hunt for a minty Tioga disce drive... :?

Attachments

• another day out with the kids and MMP.JPG
    another day out with the kids and MMP.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 909
  • 100_0826.JPG
    100_0826.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 909
Test review of the D.O.G.S B.O.L.O.X

By our very own Steve Worland... :cool:

Attachments

• roberts_db3_v_timax_ti_pg_4_001_203.jpg
    roberts_db3_v_timax_ti_pg_4_001_203.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 816
  • roberts_db3_v_timax_ti_pg3_001_198.jpg
    roberts_db3_v_timax_ti_pg3_001_198.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 815
  • roberts_db3_v_timax_ti_page_5_001_724.jpg
    roberts_db3_v_timax_ti_page_5_001_724.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 815
  • roberts_db3_v_timax_ti_001_198.jpg
    roberts_db3_v_timax_ti_001_198.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 816

Attachments

• roberts_db3_v_timax_ti_pg2_001_979.jpg
    roberts_db3_v_timax_ti_pg2_001_979.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 809
As the new owner of a DB, this is a great thread.

However: I have two questions.

1) What is the pulley at the very bottom of the seat tube for?
I had assumed it was something to do with the front mech, but the pictures in this thread would seem to show otherwise.

2) Where do I get a complete set of decals from?
I have found various suppliers of 'Roberts' stickers, but not the round 'CR' and not the D.O.G.S......

NeilM":1fhnyj2r said:
As the new owner of a DB, this is a great thread.

However: I have two questions.

1) What is the pulley at the very bottom of the seat tube for?
I had assumed it was something to do with the front mech, but the pictures in this thread would seem to show otherwise.

2) Where do I get a complete set of decals from?
I have found various suppliers of 'Roberts' stickers, but not the round 'CR' and not the D.O.G.S......

The pulley enables you to use a bottom pull front mech if you wish.

Decals, Chas Roberts.
Gil_M.
Argos.
Graphic Shack.

They arent too difficult to do, if the artwork isnt on file, but i suspect all these chaps have them, and i can whole heartedly recommend every single one of them.

Latest posts

Back