Voodoo in Halfrauds?

Not to go against what you say but i know a halfords where most of the staff know naff all about bikes and dont ride yet have a lot of say in what goes and often dont consider a mechanics job.

Reverting to the thread topic, the recent change that brings about a big difference between VooDoo and other brands that Halfords sell is that for about a year now there has been a completely different (and down-market) VooDoo range of bikes that is sold only in the UK and has presumably been devised to Halfords' requirements.

The rest of the world still gets 'proper' VooDoos, including the Bizango, Sobo etc, that are not sold in the UK.

There are even two completely separate websites with the two different ranges

http://www.voodoobikes.co.uk/ UK/Halfords range
http://voodoo-usa.com/bicycles world range

Note some model names like the Hoodoo and Bokor appear in both ranges, but in each case the UK version is based on a basic cheap frame and poor quality components, while the USA/world range still has the high quality frames that VooDoo made its name with. The D'jab isn't featured on either website, but I thought they were still making them until quite recently.

Could be quite a short-sighted decision by the VooDoo owner, but presumably he makes more money out of Halfords this way, because they aren't a very suitable outlet for marketing high-class frames. Maybe Halfords said they wouldn't continue with the VooDoo brand unless he did this?

dirtydozen":1gp12gcb said:
bikesnoopy":1gp12gcb said:
I would imagine that ANY bike that was assembled & "set up" by Halfrauds would have complaints. . .

When i had my bike shop, i used to make loads of money where people had bought a bike from Halfrauds & a day or two later i used to charge them £30 to re-assemble & set it up properly . . . :D

makes me laugh when people slag halfords employees off, it really does.
I happen to be one of them employees and im pretty confident i know what im doing when it comes to putting a bike together.

Im also very confident in my team being able to do this task with ease. At the end of the day they wouldnt have a job if they couldnt do it correctly.

I cant speak for every store but i know that our every member of bike department team is enthusiastic about bikes, they love bikes. Thats why they applied for the job.

Please think twice next time you want to slag someones workplace off. Your more than welcome to pay us a visit if you want and you can quizz us all.

Dude. . . I humbly apologise if ive offended you. I can assure you its not intentional & im sure that youre a very competent mechanic & your store is excellent.

I was speaking for how i found my local branch which at the time were dreadful. . . good for me though, because it helped me to earn money in my shop.

I work for a Vauxhall/Suzuki/Kia main dealer & we're forever having cars sent down from Halfords cuz someone who doesnt know what theyre doing has cocked the wiring up on something theyre putting a radio, or electrical appliance in & we have to put it right - again, good for business. . . but it doesnt instill much faith into people who have dealt with these issues - cars and bikes. . .

But please, im not directing anything at you. Im sure your branch is excellent :D

no worries mate, no offence taken it just riles me when your looking down upon being a halfords mechanic. At the end of the day its puts food on the table and i enjoy what im doing. We may be working with crap but its actually harder making that crap good for the customers compaired to working on 'real' bikes.

Totally understand where you are coming from, and you too josh hense why i said i cant speak for other stores. I actually have experience first hand of such a thing before i started working then went i went in a local store to where i used to live and asked about bleeding some maguras for me. From the reaction i got off the lad i may as well have asked him about quantum physics lol.

Will stand by my store though, we have a great bunch of lads. And we must be doing summat right as we are top on bike sales in the country, although we have a good run with the BAE cycle work scheme

Top of the range FS, the Zobop, is the same in both UK and US markets, and has a pretty good spec for the money this side of the pond. Got a pretty good review on BikeRadar too iirc... ;)

No gusset on the Halfords pics, think that was only on the earlier versions. And over-priced? £1300 with Revelations, Elixir Rs and XT...!? Giant Reign 2 is £2k and much lower spec.

Latest posts

Back