You've been...THUNDERSTRUCK! (Tinker Adroit completed)

"I was caught
In the middle of a railroad track (Thunder)
I looked 'round,
And I knew there was no turning back (Thunder)"

storm19.jpg

storm20.jpg

storm23.jpg

"My mind raced
And I thought what could I do? (Thunder)
And I knew
There was no help, no help from you (Thunder)"

storm22.jpg

Check out rim for the UCI inspection number #332 straight from the '93 World Championship race!
storm14.jpg

Autoglym super waxes worked out great...
storm15.jpg

"Sound of the drums
Beatin' in my heart
The thunder of guns!
Tore me apart
You've been - THUNDERSTRUCK!"

storm16.jpg

storm17.jpg

storm18.jpg

I thought this would be a long and difficult project but with some great luck I've managed to finish the bike that has been my "Holy Grail" for the last 15 years, actually ever since I saw it on an advert in the MBA magazine in 1993. Last fall I was lucky (or insane) enough to win this from eBay.
If you remember, I thought to build it up with XTR M900 and all the Klein parts like seatpost, cage, tyres, etc. But many of you insisted that I should build a "Tinker Juarez Team Replica" and luckily I took up the challenge.

And I think it came out great, even if I say so myself. :D I think the racing plate is the sugar on the top for the bike really...

But I couldn't have done this without the help from you guys! The ones "responsible" know who they are - THANKS BUDDIES!!!!!

:D :cool: :D :cool:

PS. Now where could I get that Leader Gara Pro helmet so that I could get it painted in Team Storm colours to match the bike and my jersey ?!?

I did know what to expect...but I´m still speechless! :shock:

That is just awesome!
That bike has also been mine all time favourite!

As Klein fan I must admit this one isn't my thing like it's build up (too purple....).

But as a tinker project: Lovely buid, great job!!!

Back