First Project - Daccordi Mitico

Yes, Charge Spoon....very comfy and quite cheap. Paintwork is really nice with a sort of lace effect...there are some scratches but you would never get that effect without spending a lot of money and you don't really notice them with the bike built up.

Thanks Mark.

Stem is Zenith quill stem from Velo Solo and bars are Deda Speciale which are from Parkers and meant to be for small hands and lowdrop both of which suit me....and nice and cheap ;-)

Have you seen the new Daccordi Griffe in this months Cycling Plus?
at £2650 it will probably leave you feeling very smug with your build.

Wow! Well done.

That looks like the sort of bike that would just be a really good ride. It really did turn out well.

Thanks for the photos and the thread.

Hi Pondlife, yes saw that in Cycling Plus....£1400 just for the frame and probably not even Columbus EL! Hopefully I can get a longer ride this weekend but so far it seems almost more sprightly than my modern colnago and may even be lighter!

Well, finally managed to get a couple of good rides in - a 20 and a 40 miler.....the first question that comes to mind is: What is the point of Carbon Fibre exactly?!?

Now as I mentioned I have an Alu/Carbon Colnago....not a high end Colnago but a nice ride, but this Daccordi is noticeably nicer to ride especially over the really bumpy stuff but not discernibly less stiff and may even be lighter than the Colnago. I think I may have lucked out with getting a Columbus EL frame as there is a really sprightly character to this bike - it probably helps that I am relatively small and light (9 Stone 10) so any flex is not really noticeable to me. It probably also helps having a double chainset as I am forced effectively to ride faster - I certainly feel as though I will have better averages as time goes on. But bowling along the flat with a small tailwind I can easily maintain 19-20mph for extended periods which would have been harder on the Colnago. Handling on descents is just as confidence inspiring as the Colnago.

Some other things I like:
- The decisive upshift of the Campag gear
- Brakes are better than the Shimano 105s even with green Kool stops
- The low drop handlebars are easier to maintain a dropped position so help to go faster.
- The fact that I built it myself... :-D

All in all, I'm well chuffed and have started seriously thinking about the next steel bike I can build.....maybe a modern frame this time if I can afford something interesting from one of the new small builders....or maybe a classic British bike

Glad you like the Daccordi ride. They're built to the standard Italian "stage race" geometry giving neutral handling. You're the right build for EL at under 10 stone - is it standard EL or Oversize? The EL tubeset is around half a pound lighter than SL so I guess your frame weighs about 5lbs? I'm looking forward to getting out on my steel Daccordi soon.

Mark.

Back