Don't you hate it when...

Twister

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
You leave your bike locked to a bike stand and when you come back some donkey has locked their bike on the other side leaving a new chip in your top tube.

Twister":292hn5pq said:
You leave your bike locked to a bike stand and when you come back some donkey has locked their bike on the other side leaving a new chip in your top tube.

I never do, but it must be better than the donkey putting their lock trough your bike.

I would never leave any of my bikes where they could get damaged; in fact I wouldn't even let them out of my sight!

That's what cars are for...

Twister":ch24u21o said:

Yep it's annoying. Never been damaged by them :x I often lock mine up. 3 locks and never for long :oops:

I think the security factor is as high at putting people off cycling as is the traffic and roads.

I don't mind traffic and roads but I like my bike, it's when I get to my destination and what I do with it that put me off cycling there in the 1st place.

this is the exact reason why we all need a clunker.
i would never leave a rare bike anywhere out of my sight.

That's true but I always seem to end up building the cheapest bikes, with cheap but all be it nice enough bits for me to enjoy riding it. I'd be upset to get even my 'klunker' nicked. For a bike that I wouldn't care about being nicked I can't see myself enjoy riding it.

stewlewis":3ltt0d3a said:
For a bike that I wouldn't care about being nicked I can't see myself enjoy riding it.
Trust me, it is possible.

My Trek is a hoot to ride, mainly because it looks like a POS but is actually maintained and set up properly.
The looks on people's faces when they see that "wreck" go past them at high speed is priceless.

Back