'95 Kona AA

thanks for the help guys.

I had spotted those frame savers and helicoil before, but i'm going to trust it to someone with a bit more experience than mine own to start bending the frame about

fingers crossed. To be honest, I'm dreading actually taking it anywhere..it's the finding out i think that's scaring me, I'm going to have to bite the bullet soon enough, as i need something to race at big dog again!

lbs owner used to work for kona, so he might know better than anyone. Going to try and take it there on saturday and see what he says..failing that, some local Alu engineering firm

Bugger.

These get very good reviews:

Hanger.jpg

Change from a £20 too.

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/wheels-manuf ... rc=froogle

Might help you out if you could bend the hanger back a bit :?

BobCatMax":s19nspa4 said:
very interesting LMTTM, not seen one of those before..worth a try if all else fails!

ta

There is another that replaces the QR nut but I didn't like the look of that long term :?

I've been building a hack for a mate out of an old gt arrowhead... or maybe its an aggressor. anyhow, the mech hanger (replaceable) was bent. i thought i'd nothing to lose by trying to straighten it, rather than get a wheels manufacturing hanger in @ £20.
worked out fine!
i know this is different as i could just buy a new hanger, also we don't know how long it'll last. ah well. the gears work fine now!

Just thought i'd share.

edit:
i've got access to a proper mech hanger straightening tool btw ;)

with the aid of a DCD and a spare morning...jury-rigged single speed for testing porpoises

KonaSSd.jpg

just been out for a spin with the mrs, and it seems to work. a little noisy, but it's there. may up the rear cog a bit to a 17 (16 at the mo) and i think some P2's instead of the bombers, and while i'm at it and spending money i don't have, have a hunt for some nice v-brakes. might as well try and make it light, if it's an SS, no?

the tyres are hilarious, i love them - Bonty XR 2.35's, I feel like a have a "lite" fat bike

Cheers Mick, don't worry I will :) dcd is clickerty clackerty but I'll stick some rubber on it

@stu - its tighter than a gnat's chuff :LOL: these tyres will be dry rides only on this bike

Back