Late 90's DH bike collection - GT DHi and Intense Tazer FS

bikesnoopy":2ofa2wow said:
Interesting position of the bottom AC chain device jockey wheel on the STS . . . :shock:

Just the way it is. Quite noisey in action as after going round the jocket wheel it goes over a plastic sheethed bolt - hence the nosie. It is also sprung loaded so if anything hits it, a log or whatever, it is deflected out of the way and the chainring gets the abuse!?!?

Quirks of old DH bikes and the technology employed...

When using that type of AC chain device on my DH racebikes, the lower jockey wheel was always further round. . . in about the 7 o clock position. Where it is on your bike, it would've been smashed off on the first run!

bikesnoopy":1azhh5n7 said:
When using that type of AC chain device on my DH racebikes, the lower jockey wheel was always further round. . . in about the 7 o clock position. Where it is on your bike, it would've been smashed off on the first run!

Its like that on both my STS Lobos, and its sprung loaded so it swings back around the chainwheel and out of the way. It wouldn't get "smashed off".

Your garage needs the word "Museum" printed above the door with hours of operation. I don't know anything about the Thermoplastic GTs but those early Super 8s were prone to cracking under the headtube (for that matter I've heard of the same thing happening to the alu Lobos). Be careful!!

FST4RD, pics of your collection? Couldn't agree with you more about the DH4000!

the AC lower device should be about the 7.30 hrs position on the bike, according to the set up sent with my device..

mark

P.s real nice collection

Just looked into...

It was indeed poorly adjusted, its been like it since I've had it.

There was a little aluminium component with a steel limiting pin (with an allen key to tighten it all up) the pin component needed be rotated back thus limiting how low the bottom roller would travel tensioned by the spring. The allen key must have loosened enough for the spring to rotate it all,

Its in the seven o'clock position...or thereabouts.

Back