Dave Lloyd Concept 90

£40........that's good value. It would seem rude not to :) Metallic white would look nice :D

Did you have to do any stripping yourself or did they remove the old paint ? What did you do about all the threads ? leave something in ?

Cheers

Shaun

Paininthe.........

Weren't you worried that the glue might melt in the oven and end up with a dynatech frame in several pieces ??

Shaun

Midlife":1d1wrj3y said:
£40........that's good value. It would seem rude not to :) Metallic white would look nice :D

Did you have to do any stripping yourself or did they remove the old paint ? What did you do about all the threads ? leave something in ?

Cheers

Shaun

It is a good price, and for that they removed all the old paint from the frame. They use silicone bungs for the bottom bracket and head tube, just to be safe I left some old bolts in the smaller threads like the shifter and bottle mounts. I'm not sure if they can do a metallic white, their range of metallic colours is quite small but worth an ask.

Nick

Thanks nick........ :D

Might have to be plain white. I've got a set of chrome Moser forks which should fit and go well with white :)

Shaun

Midlife":i3ml5xo7 said:
Paininthe.........

Weren't you worried that the glue might melt in the oven and end up with a dynatech frame in several pieces ??

Shaun

I got them to stick it in the oven first and then try and pull it to pieces so if it came apart I would not have spent any money!

It stayed in one piece and has been bounced about since with no degradation. I'd only do this with steel ones, 2070, 2060 not with metal matrix.

Concept 90 is a frame I would like to own....

looks good...and will be better when you switch the components.

I would put a turbo special on there as the saddle swap.

Your lloyd looks really nice, but seeing it dripping with campag is only going to encourage more shopping - not good for my bank balance!
Would be good to find out whether its 653 or 753 both for vanity and to get the right decals on it. i can't see any stamps on the frame or way of identifing it but either way i'm not complaining.

nice!

I had one a couple of years ago : )

The frame looked identical, and was made from dedaccai tubing...

It had chrome on the same areas, sweet stays and nice fillet brazing...

All round nice bike and very fast - good job :D

Back