My obsession with cranksets

I will proceed in taking some pictures of the 3G cranks to expose them here.

As for the Cucamongas, they are the only cranks that are able to scare me. They look directly imported from the f**kin' Alien franchise, really. When I was circa 12 I went with 3 of my friends to see Aliens, arguably the best movie of the series, and were stunned by the mindkill and the fancy gore in that film. I knew that I will have bad dreams for a while when the action took us to the part when they find something built out of bodies and Alien slime. When we got out the theatre we all swore never to watch a movie with "alien" in its title again. I guess that still haunts me, as I got the creeps when I saw the damn Cucamongas... What king of a name is that???

Nevermind my rant, I'll go take some pictures...

Mx

Okay, so here they are:

DSC_2371.JPG

DSC_2372.JPG

Please excuse the quality of the photos and especially the failed focus on the second one!

Of course I forgot what is written on these and of course it's not "Oval" but "Clava"! Geesh...

So, let's see if this leads to anything.

Thank you,
Mx

mr_ship":3b9jwspz said:
Here are a couple for you... Original Magic Motorcycle in purple and Flite Control Cucamongas in turquoise (don't look turquoise in the photo though!)

P1000412.jpg

P1000413.jpg

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac227/shiprick/P1000414.jpg[/img
][/quote]

I'm sure you saw my green cucamonga's...they're cool cranks, but definitely scary.

If you ever feel like selling those Magic Motorcycle cranks, I'd love it if you got in contact with me first. I'd probably buy them off of you in a heartbeat.

Scary indeed!

After what you've told me about Deralex, I started looking around here and took notice about his posts, crank wisdom and persona. Very interesting! Just my kind of guy! I like the part with "I don't sell" a lot. I also noticed that he wasn't active in a while now and I don't think a private message would help in that direction. On the other hand, 3G is a somewhat atypical company that is more known for its forks and more recently, as I have seen when looking it up, for its motorcycle bits, so information about it could pop up from anywhere and, frankly, I expect a reply from someone who's Italian and had his info very dialled. This thread was the most logical place to ask about it.

So hopefully we find something out! You take care with those Cucamongas! You never know what's hidden inside them and might pop out and attack you! >:)

Mx

AmberGambler":1opwbarn said:
is the morati cranks the only ones out of titanium or are there other ones that you guys know about?

There are several but here are some pictures of the onza crank and Propeller.

Attachments

• propeller.jpg
    propeller.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3,809
  • onza_titanium_cranks_voorkant_105.jpg
    onza_titanium_cranks_voorkant_105.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 3,809
David Gibson":y96awesm said:
AmberGambler":y96awesm said:
is the morati cranks the only ones out of titanium or are there other ones that you guys know about?

There are several but here are some pictures of the onza crank and Propeller.

thanks for the reply david. Hopefully now I can indulge some more in my titanium fetish :)
i really cant imagine the onza ones crack as easy as the morati... but the other ones hmmm....

Back