Rocky Mountain Blizzard 1995

Weird isn't it ?
I just wonder if it was like it from the start
I bought it from Gump who used to be an RM Team rider ...could it have been made late 95 to trial v's ? Might explain the lack of a frame number.

I have sourced some Xtr 951 v's from one of the guys :LOL:
Thanks Ed

Build back on......

I think frame number are still on there for the team, rocky need to keep track of them somehow.

Frame numbers are either filed off or hidden somewhere else on the bikes. They are not always on the bottom bracket as far as I know.

But couldn't prove that. Ask Rocky someone there may know.

Test frames will have been in Canada, bit of a long way to ship a test frame to the small team over here ?

captaincosmic":o0y02hxb said:
Yep just looking at one now looks like an ibis hand job and the seat collar is straight too
Must have been removed then so v brakes then :cry:

v brakes steve... really . not a proper biizzard :LOL:

I know :oops:

Where can i get some Paul Components Love Levers 2.5 ?

I am quite excited at the thought of a Blizzard that stops as well as it goes :LOL:

captaincosmic":thkly3cg said:
I know :oops:

Where can i get some Paul Components Love Levers 2.5 ?

I am quite excited at the thought of a Blizzard that stops as well as it goes :LOL:

hence why my Cirrus is V'd. ;) Plus it's not meant to be period correct build, but something that looks good and performs good.

Just been on the Pauls components site and they do a seatpost mounted rear brake hanger but I just think there will be too much flex in the whole setup and the brakes will be spongey and innefective.
any idea how well the xtr v`s will work with ss7 levers ?

They will not if I remember right.
SS5 are a short pull lever, you'll probably not get the cable slack you need to keep the block far enough from the rims and/or have a nice range of movement at the lever.
But never done it so only one way to see ;)

I think it will be like using Avid adjustable one's (SD2's ?) with the adjust screwed all the way in.

Just ordered a Pauls Funky Monkey
I would hate to put modern components on this build it's not what I am about...I may as well take a torch to her and get disc mounts brazed on !

The bit cost $48 and the postage $37 :shock:

Latest posts

Back