The Lynskey Litespeed Group. Review and post a pic of yours.

shaun":3gdkdpf9 said:
In conclusion, I would like to thank all who took time to reply for a very interesting debate. It has at least made me look into the brand and learn even more about it.

At the start, I knew I was fighting a losing battle thinking that the undervalued brand of Lynskey Litespeed might be seen as worth collecting and preserving as part of mountain bike history, but I honestly thought with all the intersting facts, quality, ultimate ride, history and knowledge about the brand, that I could win a few serious members over, but I think I was wrong.

This is the only bike in 20 years that I will ever keep for life and hand on to my son. I knew that it would never be seen as 'collectable' as other brands such as Kona, Klein etc. but I bet, if nothing else, its made you want to have a go on one some day to see what all the fuss is about!

Lastly, I would like to thank David Lynskey and his family in America for his love, dedication to quality and craftmanship in titanium frame building and for being one of the first pioneers along with Merlin way back in 1985.

THANKS DAVID, I FOR ONE 100% GET IT! :D :D :D

I have the pleasure of knowing and working with Mark for the past couple of years ......and know the WHOLE team work long and hard to produce some of the best quality frames in the world!

100% behind them and love me Pro29
:D :D ;)

rc300":2itg0tet said:
I have the pleasure of knowing and working with Mark for the past couple of years ......and know the WHOLE team work long and hard to produce some of the best quality frames in the world!

100% behind them and love me Pro29
:D :D ;)

'rc300' you must wake up every weekday with a smile on your face working with such quality and knowing that your work will be REALLY appeciated. Its a pleasure to hear from you and welcome to our Lynskey Litespeed Group on RETROBIKE. :D You are very welcome to post a few pics of your Pro29 on here for all the Lynskey fans to drool over!

Nice little rohloff 29er Cruiser that was knocked together for one of my customers

Attachments

• Bars.jpg
    Bars.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,682
  • Frame.jpg
    Frame.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,683
Stunning stuff 'rc300', I've been a Lynskey fan for over 12 years now and looking at those latest frames, I can see why. To me Lynskey's work is 'form and function working in perfect harmony'. Thank you for posting these pictures.

bwhsh8r":3otccsrz said:
unfortunately the Look Fournales won't fit... so I put them on a Klein Attitude instead

Sorry to hear that the Fournales won't fit 'bwhsh8r', I was looking forward to seeing a picture with those on. :( What forks are you going to fit on your Litespeed now?

shaun":1eprrfu9 said:
bwhsh8r":1eprrfu9 said:
unfortunately the Look Fournales won't fit... so I put them on a Klein Attitude instead

Sorry to hear that the Fournales won't fit 'bwhsh8r', I was looking forward to seeing a picture with those on. :( What forks are you going to fit on your Litespeed now?

I'm going to stick with the rockshox sid unless I go insane and buy a lefty or find another Look Fournales.... probably won't go lefty though because they don't make Chris King for it. It actually is kind of good because the look is about the same weight as the Sid, but it was a lot lighter than the manitou that was on my attitude... all in all win. Looks badass. I'll post a picture of the litespeed with it on, but it looked like s*it. I used duct tape to shim the steerer on the top bearing, because the tapered steerer tube was wayyyy too long.

Back