FS: 56cm '08 Kona Kapu

i-am-iron-man

Senior Retro Guru
'08 Kona Kapu
DSC00556-1.jpg

56cm Kona Kapu in Molteni Orange
* Kona advertise this frame as 56cm. It measures 56cm centre-to-top, 55cm centre-to-centre, top tube is 55cm c-to-c.
* I have never ridden this frame. There is evidence of it being built (on the brake bridge, for example) but not a single blemish from uses. I don't think it has ever ventured outside. The manufacturing sticker on the underside of the BB still looks new.
* Deda SAT 14.5 steel with chromed lugs. If interweb rumours are to be believed this frame is built under the same roof as some pricer (but very similar looking and identically tubed) Itallian framesets.
* 1" Kona fork with chromed crown and cartridge bearing Cane Creek headset included.
* The frame is almost offensively orange. The colour sparkles in the light and looks brilliant with chromed lugs. Build it with black finishing kit and you'll have an absolutely beautiful bike.
* Equipped with a pump peg and room for fat tyres, a rack and mudguards.
* Rare!
* £375 UK posted

SIMONFREESE":kzp5zx91 said:
That is a lovely frame!

Hope we get to see this built up by someone...

For what its worth, it is standing in my kitchen with wet black Ritchey WCS finishing kit, a Selle Regal Ti saddle, a set of black Chris King hubs laced to black Open Pro's and silver 2010 Centaur group set. I aborted cabling it up at the point where I realised the 'nad clearance at the top tube was unrealistic!

i-am-iron-man":12va90i1 said:
SIMONFREESE":12va90i1 said:
That is a lovely frame!

Hope we get to see this built up by someone...

For what its worth, it is standing in my kitchen with wet black Ritchey WCS finishing kit, a Selle Regal Ti saddle, a set of black Chris King hubs laced to black Open Pro's and silver 2010 Centaur group set. I aborted cabling it up at the point where I realised the 'nad clearance at the top tube was unrealistic!

Surely we need pics of this :cool:

as inspiration of course ;)

agreed

that is the right size for me and I love it.

Unfortunately my wallet disagrees. Would love to see a pic of the bike as a whole

sam

Latest posts

Back