Another spoke gone ping....

cyfa2809":14huttk5 said:
Centre lock is shimano's own system i think. Its just the centre on the rotor has a different cutout.

Call them tomorrow around 2-3pm if they have your number down wrong.

Cool, thanks cyfa :)

So I'm stuck with shimano as options? (I'm fine with mechanical btw.. just done with v-brakes, mainly because the wheels are too crap to remain true.. and I can't afford decent rims).

What's cool is, although it is a v-brake bike, I have mounting points for calipers front and rear :)

It will make my bike heavier but I would prefer disc's tbh. I just can't afford a lot. Hopefully I can win the wheels on ebay for a reasonable price. (Like under £50).

Wheel is back, bike now washed :) It's not currently catching on the brakes.. so no more hard core 'braked' ride to work.

I'm looking at cable disc brakes and hydrualic disc brakes on the cheap. I saw the Giant MPH set in the for sale section.. interested, but I'd need centre lock adaptors for my wheels. (I still need to get the wheels lol).

All good so far with the rear wheel. No tings or pings to be heard. Wheel had spoke replaced and was trued.

Was more expensive that I expected although I didn't expect free lol. Is trueing covered under my service contract with Halfords? (as it's labour).

Pings and tings are perfectly normal after a wheel has been trued. It is the spokes de-stressing and settling back in place after being tensioned.

REKIBorter":1k4xneyf said:
Pings and tings are perfectly normal after a wheel has been trued. It is the spokes de-stressing and settling back in place after being tensioned.

Cheers for the info!

Scougar":1k4xneyf said:
Is trueing covered under my service contract with Halfords? (as it's labour).

Yeah but you will have to present your care plan proof of purchase or whatever at some point otherwise i reckon theyd assume you didnt have one. Cost of spoke is all it should be.

I see, so I shouldn't have paid the money for the trueing? hmm... bummer. lol.

Might try and get that back then. (I have no idea where my warranty is, but I'm sure they can do it off my card). (Although to be honest, I'm actually pretty happy that they could sort the wheel out at all).

The wheel should be stress relieved before handing back to the customer as those pings and things will throw it out a little.

bm0p700f":2l6xsidb said:
The wheel should be stress relieved before handing back to the customer as those pings and things will throw it out a little.

We are talking about Halfords, stress relieving to them is taking a fag break.

Back