Cackmanninshire -Ride areas?

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Ive a mate thats moved to clackmannan so its likely ill be there at least once a month.He's just moved there and has reported that there is apparent bridleways throughout the area with rambling and cycling in mind.Meant to be on the scottish cycleways map
Anyone confirm or deny this or if theyve any experience of cycling in this area.My mate has 2 large dogs so we'll be doing a fair bit of hoofing it but i'd like to explore the area myself on the bike.
:D Ta

All depends where he is, is a big area - you have the Ochils to the north which has some good riding/walking in, there are also plenty of woods about including the ones at the back of Alva - I used to head there as a kid but don't know what it is like now - riding along the foot of the Ochils. I used to work on an organic farm just outside Dollar during the school holidays.

I think 8690q is from around there - coalsnaughton i think.

And despite it's name I don't think it deserves your thread title. :)

Clackmannanshire is a big area with lots of nice cycling but not too much in the way of mountain biking unless you head up the Ochils.

Clackmannan itself is a good base for riding if not for living in. Couple of nice woods, old railway heading for Dunfermline with lot's of turn offs\detours, Devilla Forest and lot's more now that I think about.

If you know where to look there's lot's of wee off road riding spots.

Be good if you could let me know when you're coming to your mates and we can meet up sometime for a wee guided tour of my beat.

Hope I can help

Michael

Latest posts

Back