SBike 506 and Kona Hahanna

SBiker

Dirt Disciple
Hi,i'm new to this forum and just last week i bought me a SBIKE 506 from 1991.It was my first mtb ever,also in '91.He's equipped with LX (full) 21 speed.Allready some upgrades planned:8 speed cassette and XT STI,Rigida Ultimate rims (polished) with Sachs hubs and IRC Mythos Slick tires,other seatpost and seat,as new cables.
The other (Hahanna) is from my oldest son,who's 9 ,and not so retro_Only the frame, maybe.

pbpic1756690.jpg

pbpic1756692.jpg

pbpic1756693.jpg

Hahanna:
pbpic1700443.jpg

The S-Bike is interesting! We have one of those Hahanas in the family too, though it looks a bit different with P2s on. Very decent bike for the money...

Hey menneke, toch maar ingeschreven ;-)

Like the S-Bike too... now there's one more in here. It seems to be mostly original yeah. All LX throughout. You could upgrade to XT (or maybe even XTR) if you change the decals... there was also a 508 and 509. They used identical frames and the only difference was in componentry (LX, XT, XTR... I believe). I'll see if I can find anything on that.

Void(EN12-82)

Ja, kon het niet laten! :oops:

Thanks ,go for 509 an what colour was it,because i want to repaint mine.

Well, found this online piccie of an S-Bike 508:

http://forum.velovert.com/index.php?act ... si&img=557

Guess it's black with all XT... will have a look in a magazine at home tonight to see what's in there. Could also be that the 508 was the highest in this class (the 50X models). Then you could easily have it sandblasted, powdercoated in black and apply new decals. Put a sweet 1992 XT group on it with some nice parts and you'll end up with a sweet ride :)

Void(EN12-82)

Found those pics at velovert .
Hm,i've put an offer in,at a XTR M 900 crankset and rear der.
Still waiting for answer.

Latest posts

Back