My obsession with cranksets

be nice if that place was on a retro bike and not a velvet lined box :LOL:
you crank collectors are ....cranky :LOL:
seriously though this is a sick thread :shock:

I'm not trying to play the smartass, nor be Captain Obvious, but how about swapping the spider from the fully green set to the black one on the other cranks and get a full rasta cranks? I don't know if the spiders are removable or if it's a hassle, but I'm just saying...

I am watching this thread since a while now and I think it's very cool, so it's time to pop a question of my own: do you know anything about 3G cranks? 3G, or Tre G (it's Italian), is a brand that was known in the mid to late nineties for their downhill forks. The most accomplished German DH racer to date, Markus Klausmann (he still races and is a phenomenal guy) even had a pro-model on their most popular chassis during his Hot Chili days: the Urtho, naturally labelled "3G Urtho MK". I have a nice 3G crankset that came with my second hand M1 frame - this is why I'm asking. It's black, has "Oval" written on it (probably the model name) and the 3G logo is a classic theme: a circle with three roosters inside - two only in outline, the middle one fully colored. The spider also looks interesting...

If you want to, I could take some pictures.

Keep this great thread alive!
Mx

Maxipedia":3vd38dlt said:
I'm not trying to play the smartass, nor be Captain Obvious, but how about swapping the spider from the fully green set to the black one on the other cranks and get a full rasta cranks? I don't know if the spiders are removable or if it's a hassle, but I'm just saying...

I am watching this thread since a while now and I think it's very cool, so it's time to pop a question of my own: do you know anything about 3G cranks? 3G, or Tre G (it's Italian), is a brand that was known in the mid to late nineties for their downhill forks. The most accomplished German DH racer to date, Markus Klausmann (he still races and is a phenomenal guy) even had a pro-model on their most popular chassis during his Hot Chili days: the Urtho, naturally labelled "3G Urtho MK". I have a nice 3G crankset that came with my second hand M1 frame - this is why I'm asking. It's black, has "Oval" written on it (probably the model name) and the 3G logo is a classic theme: a circle with three roosters inside - two only in outline, the middle one fully colored. The spider also looks interesting...

If you want to, I could take some pictures.

Keep this great thread alive!
Mx

Unfortunately, I can't remove the green spider. Otherwise I was thinking of doing what you suggested.
I'd be interested in seeing your 3G crank, I've never heard of them. Deralex might know something about them as he has many more cranks than I.

Here are a couple for you... Original Magic Motorcycle in purple and Flite Control Cucamongas in turquoise (don't look turquoise in the photo though!)

P1000412.jpg

P1000413.jpg

P1000414.jpg

Back